Japan Haul Part 3: Odaiba

5:00 PM


Odaiba is definitely one of my favorite places in Tokyo that we visited. The next time I come back it will surely be part of my itinerary again! It's so serene, beautiful and peaceful there. Although there are already a number of malls and attractions, it still isn't that crowded yet unlike other shopping districts in Tokyo. It took us about an hour (not that long considering the traffic situation in Manila haha) to get to Odaiba by train from where we were staying. It was totally worth it and I suggest that you visit this place if you're planning to travel to Tokyo. This is where the popular attractions like the Gundam City with the Giant Gundam, the mini Statue of Liberty and the driverless monorail are located.

Aside from the touristy spots, we also went to DiverCity Tokyo, Venus Fort and Aquacity for some mini shopping hehe. I found a couple of Gacha machines here too (I was on the lookout for these machines because I wasn't able to visit Akihabara) and got absolutely addicted! I visited The Daiba for some souvenirs and I think it was in the drugstore, Matsumoto Kiyoshi, that I got most of the beauty items in this mini haul. And, I also didn't pass up on the chance to visit the mini Daiso branch inside Aquacity. I was very much addicted to their Daiso stores by this time haha!


I already have a Shiseido 213 curler which I bought in Bourjois Hongkong a few years ago for around P600 so I was only planning on buying the refill. But as soon as I saw how much they sell it in Tokyo, I didn't think twice about getting a backup! I think I got it at Matsumoto Kiyoshi for more or less 630 yen (again, without tax) or around P260. You can purchase it tax free but you aren't allowed to use it while you're in Tokyo

I was also intrigued with the Shiseido false eyelashes glue so I purchased two. I think it was around 200 yen or less than P100 each. They're really very cheap here!! Lastly, I bought two sets of refills for my 213 curler for only 100 yen each without tax! Waaahh!! Super cheap and it's making me crazy! I love Tokyo huhu! They're also selling the mini curler (215) there which is much cheaper than the 213. 😊






I also saw this Pore Clear Cleansing Gel and got it for more or less 200 yen. I was quite expecting it to work in the same way Cure or Tomato cleansers do but it's a different kind of pore cleanser. It is a heating gel that loosens up your pores to make it easier to remove blackheads. I think this somehow works and is quite good.


My sister bought this Super Mild shampoo and conditioner, also from Shiseido, that we used while in Tokyo. They're really good and they smell so nice! There's still a lot of product left inside both bottles so I'm really happy about that! I don't know how much they were but she told me that these were the cheapest ones.


I also got a free sample of this base and powder from Maquillage from the sales attendant who assisted me! I feel like these will be really good even though I haven't tried them yet haha!




I got the Neko cat phone charm below from The Daiba store and I think it was 348 yen. The one in the middle is just a free gift when we bought phone charms for my two cousins from the Sanrio store in Aquacity. The Shinkansen train pin is from one of the Gachapon machines inside a store in Divercity Tokyo. I got it for only 100 yen


I also got this cute Sailormoon mirror from one of the Gacha machines inside Divercity too. I think this was 300 yen - a little bit more expensive than other Gachapons. I then got another one, a Disney Princess version, for my cousin. Gacha machines are really very addicting!! 😅



Lastly, I purchased this cute Hello Kitty pouch from the mini Daiso store inside Aquacity for only 100 yen. 😊


The next items below were purchased on a different day but I'd still like to share them with you! 

I got this Pokemon phone charm from the shopping mall inside Narita International Airport Terminal 2. We had a lot of spare time before our flight so we explored the shops there and we saw a Pokemon Center shop. I got this charm for around 100 or 200 yen, I think. Oh, how I love gacha machines hahaha!! I also bought some for my friends who really love Pokemon and are very much addicted playing the game in their Nintendo 3DS.

I purchased this Canmake Cream Cheek in 08 too for more or less 626 yen with tax. I'm so happy with this purchase! Although it's not very long lasting, I like that it gives a very natural and healthy glow to your cheeks! 😊


These next items were some of the things that I picked up from Tokyo Disneyland. I love how cheaper the items are here than the one in Hongkong! 😁The first one is this Rapunzel Shoe keychain while the one next to it is a Minnie Mouse Bow earphone jack cover

I was actually surprised to find that most of the women and teens I saw in Tokyo were still sporting the earphone jack cover trend. It was so contagious that when I saw one in Disneyland I picked it up without thinking twice haha! I can't remember how much exactly these were but I remember that they weren't that expensive. The ones below them are the Disneyland coins I got from the coin machines there for only 100 yen each!! 

I started collecting these coins ever since our trip to Dubai last year where I got one with a Burj Kalifa design on it. But I really don't know how to store them properly. I heard though that there is a specific case or container that you can buy to store them to prevent tarnishing.


Next, I also picked up this Cheshire Cat stuffed toy hahaha! I saw it as soon as we entered the souvenir shop near the exit of the theme park and I couldn't bear leaving him there haha! There was also a Sully version but decided that I liked this one better hehe. I got this for around P3500 when converted from yen.


Lastly, I got this cute Gudetama display from the first Gacha machine that I ever tried during this trip. I think it was in a gaming place near where we were staying. The Sakura 2016 pin beside it was the reward that I got for completing the Dry Seal Collecting activity inside the Tokyo National Museum. It was really fun and I just wish that our National Museum here in Manila would also have activities that the visitors can do! If you're planning on visiting Tokyo, you should go ahead and drop by their National Museum as well. It's a really great way to learn and have a glimpse of Japan's history and culture! 😊


And that's it for the third and final installment of my Japan Haul series! Hope you enjoyed it and that it helped you in some way if ever you're planning to visit Tokyo too. Make sure to stay tuned for my Japan Travelogue which will be coming up soon! Have a great week ahead! 😀

You Might Also Like

0 comments