Japan Travelogue: Tokyo Day 1 (Streets of Japan, Taito and Tokyo Skytree)

9:00 PM

This has been a long time coming and I'm so glad that I'm finally able to share with you some snaps from our trip to Japan. We went to Tokyo last March 2016, so it's close to a year now. I wasn't able to upload this travelogue because of some technical problems haha! Anyway, I still hope you'd enjoy this post!

My family and I went to Tokyo around the last week of March until around the first week of April, which is Spring in Japan. As you can probably tell by now, we really wanted to go during the Spring season to see, yes, the Cherry Blossoms! We were in time for the peak or mankai, when the Cherry Blossoms are in full bloom, and the Hanami. I actually didn't know that we would be there in time for these so it was really amazing to witness people celebrating under the Cherry Blossom trees, eating and drinking with their family and friends!

On our first day, we stayed at a hotel near the airport first since we were waiting for my sister until noon the next day. We only started exploring Tokyo on our second day so technically this post is all about our Day 2 in Tokyo. During this day, we just explored the streets near where we were staying and we also went to the Tokyo Skytree.


Gloomy day in Tokyo.


I love the streets and sidewalks in Japan because they're so clean, spacious and organized! They also have nice and really useful bike lines.


Stopped for some OOTD shots haha. I look so happy lol!


Vending machines are everywhere in Japan and they're so fun to use!


It was so cold during our stay and it even rained on some days.


Spot the cute house in the shot below.


Changed my jacket before heading to Tokyo Skytree because it was really cold!


Going here at the Skytree was really worth it! We went around dinner time because we wanted to see the city at night. I feel like it's really better to go at night because the view is always better.


The view at the top.




This building is so high but good thing I didn't freak out while stepping on this glass floor.



Stopped by the Mister Donut branch near Tokyo Skytree for some Ramen (not in picture and, yes, they have Ramen here lol) and this yummy Strawberry donut!


The streets on our way back to our hotel.




It was so chilly on our way back to our hotel because it was raining and it was so windy! We didn't have any umbrellas with us so we were left with no choice but to take a taxi (which is really expensive in Japan so always opt for the train if you can haha). As soon as we arrived at our place, we turned the heater on to warm our bodies that are so used to the tropical climate. Haha! Anyway, that's just it for the first day of our Japan trip! Stay tuned for my next travelogues for more interesting shots of our Tokyo trip featuring Cherry Blossoms and street foods! 😊

*If you're interested to see some of the things that I got in Japan during this trip, check out my Japan Haul posts that I've uploaded a couple of months ago here, here and here. And if you're planning to go to Japan, check out my Pupuru Pocket WIFI rental post here too. Enjoy!! *


You Might Also Like

0 comments