theBalm Shadow/Blush in Hot Mama

10:00 AM


I wasn't really into makeup until my last semester at university when I started exploring with it. I was only specifically interested with lip products, blushes and mascaras - nothing full on. I also remember being very interested back then with the NARS blush in Orgasm because I heard so many good reviews about it. But I didn't want to purchase it because it was too expensive and I was just starting out so I didn't want to make any big commitments yet lol. So, I looked for dupes instead and this theBalm shadow/blush in Hot Mama came up on my search. I purchased this product which I eventually used for both my College Recognition and University Graduation.


The packaging of this blush is actually cute and it seems sturdy enough although I'd prefer something else than this cardboard packaging, which closes through the help of a magnetic lock. The mirror is pretty good and useful even though it's quite small. I love that this is just easy to bring with you even when travelling. This has 7.08g of product which I think is quite a lot already.


Just to clear things up, now that I finally own the NARS blush in Orgasm, I don't think that this is really an actual dupe. They're pretty similar in that both are shimmery blushes with peachy pink tones but personally, for me, I think that there are far better dupes for the NARS Orgasm. I think Hot Mama is much more pink toned while Orgasm is more peachy or champagne in color.



This blush can also be used as an eyeshadow (it's marketed that way) although I do that with all my blushes anyway haha! This blush gives a very gorgeous flush and sheen on the cheeks! I can't really explain it but it gives a very nice glow to your face. It won't make you look too made up but it won't look too natural either - if that even makes any sense haha.


It is really pigmented so a little goes a long way. I also love that this stays put on my cheeks for so long! It even lasted the whole day on me during my graduation, with no foundation or anything underneath. On the eyes, it lasts pretty decently but I have to make sure that I use a primer to make it last much longer and to make it stand out a bit more.


I purchased this from the Beauty Bar store for around P700-800 back then. I'm not sure how much this costs now but these theBalm blushes are still very much available at any of the Beauty Bar branches. I'm really happy that I purchased this one out. This is definitely a good buy and is worth checking out if you're on the lookout for a new blush or something a bit similar to the NARS blush in Orgasm. 😁

You Might Also Like

0 comments