Homeoplasmine for Chapped Lips

1:00 PM

Chapped lips have been the bane of my existence (okay, that may be exaggerated but...) and I've dealt with it for so long that I've already tried a lot of lip balms, petroleums and whatnot. I've tried products from Vaseline, Rosebud Salve, Elizabeth Arden, Sebamed, Lucas Papaw and more, that I can't remember anymore haha. I've searched high and low - still ending up disappointed every time. I haven't found the ultimate answer to my misery until I tried Homeoplasmine® by Boiron.

I've heard about it through so many UK and US vloggers before but it was difficult to get ahold of here in Manila so I wasn't able to try it until recently. When I found a shop where I can get ahold of it, I decided to try it to see if it really works just as they claim. 

I bought the Homeoplasmine® 40ml on sale from BeautyntheFit for P529. I double checked before posting this entry and found that it now costs P589, with the original price indicated as P1,014. I've also linked the shop at the end of this post if you want to check it out. The items from their shop are shipped from Hongkong so it may take a couple of days before you receive your order. 

Homeoplasmine® is a famous The French Pharmacy brand along with products like Embryollise Lait-Crème Concentré and Bioderma Micellar Water, which I'm a fan of specifically the Hydrabio H2O variant. This is said to be a cult favorite product especially of makeup artists. It is considered as a makeup kit essential and is not only used for chapped or dry lips but as a multi-purpose product that can be used as a primer or moisturizer before makeup application.

According to the French Pharmacy site, which you can check out HERE, Homeoplasmine® is actually a "non-homeophatic cream indicated for the tropical treatment of skin irritations." 

It feels and really looks like a medicated ointment and is properly sealed when you first open the tube. You have to use the cap to poke a hole in the tube just like any other ointments. This actually looks like an ordinary petroleum jelly so I was a bit disappointed at first. BUUUUT when I started using it, it actually felt thick but smooth. This product really feels like a cream; as if it's really coating and hugging your lips to lock in that moisture. 

This didn't give me any irritations or whatsoever. It doesn't smell and taste like anything, which is what I also love about it. So if you're fussy about scents and tastes then you won't have a problem with this product.

My lips would usually get chapped and dry especially during PMS or period. There are even times when my lips bleed if I don't don't do anything about it haha. This is also a problem I encounter whenever I use very drying lip tints

The first time that I used this was after my period when my lips were really chapped and bleeding. I used this overnight and I was shocked when I woke up with smooth lips and no chap or anything at all! I'm not even exaggerating but it feels so good and liberating to have smooth lips after so long hahaha! My lips have never been better since I used this product. I'm not even kidding when I say that this is the best I've tried for my chapped lips. 

I haven't tried to use this product for other parts of my face yet so I can't say anything about its effectiveness or use except for treating chapped lips, which is really my main concern. I've read somewhere though that it's too thick to be used as a makeup primer so it's still better to use your usual makeup primer. 


This product, as mentioned in the French Pharmacy site, contains the following ingredients:


If you're also looking for something that would address chapped, dry or flaky lips then I would highly recommend this product! It may seem a bit pricey as a lip balm but a little goes a long way and it is really worth buying. I didn't regret buying this and I'm finally happy that I found another staple product for my skincare/makeup kit essentials, and would happily repurchase this whenever I ran out! 


Let me know in the comments if you've tried this product and if it did work out for you too! 😊


You can check out this SHOP if you want to get your hands on this product!

  • Boiron Homeoplasmine 40ml - P529 (excluding shipping fee)





You Might Also Like

0 comments