Japan Haul Part 1: Daiso

12:57 PM



One of the stores I wanted to visit as soon as our trip to Japan was confirmed was Daiso. Although we already have it here in Manila, I still wanted to visit it because I heard that they have really huge ones there (but of course hehe) where you can find a lot of items that are either much cheaper or not available here. The items in the local Daiso stores in Japan are only 100 yen (around P41-42!!) unless you find a sticker on its package that says that it's more than 100 yen. If you're in Japan or if you're planning to go there, I still suggest that you go and visit at least one Daiso store for the experience. 

Here are the things I bought from the Daiso branch at the Mitsui Shopping Park Lala Terrace in Arakawa-ku near the Minamisenju Station. It's not that big (the biggest one, I think, is the one in Harajuku which has 5 floors) but you can still find a lot of stuff to buy there.

I ended up buying a lot of stuff in Daiso because I was picking up one item after another haha! Everything was so cute! So in the end, I exceeded my original budget mehehe. It doesn't seem like so looking at the pictures below because I didn't include the things I bought as pasalubong (gift) for my friends.


I was like a kid inside a candy store when I found these cute stationeries in one of the shelves inside Daiso! There were a lot of designs and different sizes but I only picked these ones. I already used the ones with the Sakura and Mt. Fuji designs. These have 5 sets of paper and envelope except for the biggest one which has 30 pieces of writing paper and 5 envelopes only.


I was also planning on buying some local brands of false eyelashes while in Japan but because I'm still a noob when it comes to falsies (and since Dollywink is already available in Manila) I decided to just buy these ones from Daiso. I only picked up the pure/natural type because I didn't want anything over the top. 

These lashes surprised me because they really have good quality for the price and they really look very natural once you put them on! If you're wondering why the other lash pack in the picture has no proper package, it's because I've already tried using it while I was in Tokyo. It was hard the first few attempts but I really practiced after this trip so I eventually started to get the hang of it. So far, I'm loving the effect that it gives although, yes, they're very natural haha!


Before I left for Tokyo, I read articles on what souvenir items one should buy when in Japan. One of the things listed is oil blotting sheets! It seemed weird but, apparently, oil blotting sheets from Japan are popular because they have better quality since they're made from traditional Japanese paper or washi


I also bought this cute fan and Cat of Victory chopsticks! And of course, I grabbed this cute Gudetama microfiber cloth as soon as I saw it! Kawaii!!


I can't help but post a close up picture of Gudetama!! So cute!! Hehe!


I also picked up these cellphone chains from Daiso. The one on the left is a Kokeshi doll and the one on the right is the Cat of Victory.



Aside from all the Royce (super cheap in Japan!!) and local chocolate brands I hoarded (lol), I also bought a few food items from Daiso. I was intrigued with this Van Houten chocolate so I picked it up when I saw it. It's really good!! I also picked up some packs of this Super Mario gummy candies because it was too cute not to and I bought some for my friends too. I also picked up cute chocolates (not in the picture below) that are shaped like Sanrio characters

The last food item I picked up was the Orange soda/sparkling water flavored gummy candies. I bought a similar one from another brand in one of the 7-11 stores when we were walking in Shinjuku. So I immediately grabbed this orange soda gummies when I saw it in Daiso! In my opinion, the one I bought from 7-11 was better hehe. I forgot its brand name but it's in a color blue aluminum zip pouch.


I also bought a pair of socks in Daiso but I forgot to include it in this haul. It's a toe sock with a Geisha print on it. I love it and I wore it (with my Airwalk slip ons) on the plane ride on the way home to Manila. It was so comfortable!! I should've hoarded more toe socks from Daiso because I saw toe socks at the Narita International Airport Terminal 2 Shopping Mall but they were much more expensive! Although there were more designs available there to be fair.

That's it for the first part of my Japan Haul series!! Stay tuned for the other two parts that I'll be uploading in the next few days 😊






You Might Also Like

0 comments