Mini Daiso Haul

10:00 AM

I feel like a kid inside a candy store everytime I walk inside a Daiso store! 😂 I would usually just buy home and stationery stuff and would pass up on their beauty products, even though I always feel drawn to them, because I didn't think they're good. But I've been hearing a lot of good things about their beauty products lately so I decided to finally try them to see if it's really true. 

I always enjoying hunting down products (and since some were a bit harder to find) because it feels like I'm playing some sort of game and I have to win haha! Although who doesn't feel that way when you're shopping? Hehe. Two out of four items in this mini haul - the eyebrow pencil (purple packaging) and detergent for puffs and sponges - are usually sold out. I don't really use eyebrow pencils as I have thick eyebrows already but I bought two anyway to try. I also purchased a cream glitter eyeshadow and a liquid detergent for puffs and sponges

The eyebrow pencil (purple packaging) and the detergent were purchased from the Marquee Mall in Angeles, Pampanga since I had my passport renewed there. I got the cream eyeshadow and the other eyebrow pencil (silver tube) were purchased at a different Daiso store here in Manila. The only thing that I wasn't able to purchase is the eyebrow topcoat that I was so curious about because it was a top rated product at cosme


DAISO EYEBROW PENCIL IN DARK BROWN


The look of this eyebrow pencil reminds me of the one from Etude House.




You have to swipe this brow pencil a couple of times first, which I did on the back of my hand, before the color shows up


The triangular shape makes it easier to follow the natural direction of the brows



It comes with a very handy spoolie at the other end of the tube which is convenient. The bristles aren't very soft but aren't too hard either. 


This pencil is really good and it looks very natural when used. I got the shade Dark Brown. It looks really dark in the swatches below but really isn't once you apply it on. My hair color at the moment is Ashy Brown but this still suits me perfectly. I think it's also because I only need a little to cover sparse areas.




DAISO EYEBROW PENCIL IN DARK BROWN (SILVER TUBE)

The next eyebrow pencil that I got is this one with a silver tube and transparent cap. This has no packaging but is safely wrapped and sealed with a plastic




The actual product is quite thin which is ideal for creating fine strokes especially for those with already thick brows like me. 


It also comes with a spoolie that is much smaller, thinner and a little bit harder than the previous one I showed. The bristles aren't too hard either but the former's spoolie is much softer and easier to use when blending the product out.


This is in the shade Dark Brown as well but I find that it looks lighter than the other eyebrow pencil.




DAISO CREAM EYESHADOW

I think this Daiso Cream Eyeshadow with Glitter in Champagne Pink is more of a liquid eyeshadow than it is a cream. It's actually funny because the scent reminds me of a men's deodorant or perfume haha! I purchased this because I wanted to use this for the aegyosalThere are three colors available: Champagne Pink, Gold and a White one, which are all glittery.


The brush is a little bit fat and thick - not really the most ideal but I can still manage to use it.


The actual product is very pretty when blended into the skin but you have to really be careful when applying this on the aegyosal because it goes on thick. So you really have to spread it out a bit to make it look more natural. 

I haven't officially tested its longevity but it lasts a decent amount of time on me. The only thing that I don't like (aside from the fact that it applies thickly) is that the color doesn't really appear that much when you apply it on the eyelids compared to when you just swatch in on your arms or hands.

The shimmers aren't really visible since they're minute and blended well into the product. However, there are some bigger ones that are visible or that appear to stand out when you look closely.





DAISO DETERGENT FOR PUFF AND SPONGE

The last product in this mini haul is the much raved about Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge. I tested this already with my Real Techniques Beauty Sponge and it worked really well. I haven't used this with my brushes yet but it removed most of the stubborn marks of concealer on my makeup sponge. 

I find that it doesn't lather up as much (which to be fair is not an indicator of the effectivity of a soap or detergent) so its better to work it out with your hands first instead of pouring it directly on the sponge. This doesn't have any scent to it so that's a plus if scents easily throw you off. 




These products were purchased for P88 each only. I enjoyed looking for these products and testing them out. I'm pretty sure I'll be trying more of their beauty items next time. 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments