Essence Mini Haul

9:09 PM


I purchased some products again from Essence during their sale and I've been testing them for quite a while now. This is just a mini haul but I'd still like to share with you which products are worth buying and which aren't. Let's start! :)


The Blush


I bought this blush for P150 (original price is P229) and I must say that I really like this product. It's affordable yet performs really well. 


I picked up the shade 10 adorable. It's a matte pink blush that is subtle on the skin but gives a very natural flush of color on your cheeks. The only thing I don't like is that there is a lot of fallout from this product once you swirl the brush in it. But there's really nothing to worry about once you just tap off the excess back in the pan. It doesn't last very long on the skin (give or take 3-4 hours) but I've only used and tested this on its own and without anything underneath it. 

Below are the swatches of this pretty pink blush.




The Eyeshadow

I got the 63 is it purple? eyeshadow. I bought this eyeshadow because it says "new" on the lid haha. However, I'm not sure if it's really a new addition but I was also drawn to it because it's a pretty purple eyeshadow that I thought could be used for everyday wear. I have to say that I didn't really like this one. I actually thought that I would because it's very pretty on the pan. But once you put it on your eyelids the color doesn't really show up. The purple tone doesn't stand out or appear and it's somewhat hard to pat it in and build up on your lids. I got this eyeshadow for P99 from its original price of P129.75.





I thought I'd enjoy this one but sadly, it didn't really work out for me. Below is the swatch of this eyeshadow. 


The Lipsticks

I love the formula and quality of Essence's Longlasting Lipsticks. Although as I've said in my previous post that they're not really long-lasting on the lips, I still enjoy using them because they're really good. 


I bought two shades 06 Barely There! and 07 Natural Beauty. I purchased each for P150 (original price is P229). 


06 Barely There! is like a subtle brown shade that looks very natural on the lips. It's great if you have a very dramatic eye makeup and you want to tone down the color of your lipstick. It's very wearable and those who don't like to wear too much makeup would really like this. It's a great everyday lipstick shade.


07 Natural Beauty is like an MLBB shade. It's much subtle than the previous shade and it is also great for everyday wear. Those who don't like to wear any or too much makeup would also really like this shade. It's a slightly rosy pink nude color that is very subtle and natural once you apply it.


I enjoy using both but I like 06 Barely There! more because it suits my skintone better and it brightens up my face. Both have a balmy feel to it and they feel very comfortable on the lips. They're also easy to apply and you can put them on even without a mirror. They don't feel greasy and they sit perfectly well on your lips. Both have a somewhat satin finish to them. As I've said, these don't really last very long on the lips especially after eating or drinking. 

07 Natural Beauty (left) and 06 Barely There (right)









You Might Also Like

0 comments