Estee Lauder Pure Color Shimmer Gloss in 16 Mod Poppy

9:44 AM


This Estee Lauder lip gloss is one of the makeup items I bought when I visited the Bourjois shop in Tsim Sha Tsui, which I've also mentioned in my previous post HERE. This is Estee Lauder's Pure Color Shimmer Gloss in Mod Poppy

I was very curious about it so I bought it without even thinking twice! 😂On the plus side, they were selling this at Bourjois for a very low price (around P500, if I remember correctly) considering its original price if you buy it directly from the Estee Lauder shop.


It has a very elegant packaging - gold cap and flower-like cut out designs across its tube. The actual gloss has a very sweet, candy-like scent which wears off eventually after application. 

The formula of this gloss is really good and creamy. It goes on smoothly and evenly on the lips. When you look at it closely it actually has a lot of glitters in it that appear chunky. However, they sort of "disappear" and blend very nicely into your lips. The glitters also reflect light perfectly so it makes your lips look smooth and plump


The applicator is just your typical, doe foot applicator but quite smaller in size. It's a little bit stiff but still soft enough to give a comfortable application. The tapered end allows precise application with just the right amount of product



This sits very well on the lips and I was actually amazed that compared to other glosses this is not sticky at allBut due to the formula, just like with any other lip glosses, this doesn't last long enough especially with eating or drinking

I have a couple of swatches below. As you'll see it has a very sheer color - nudemauve-y shade. In these shots, I was trying to capture not just the color but the way this gloss reflects and shines light which is really pretty!




I don't use this everyday but it's still a great staple in my makeup stash which I might repurchase if ever I get the chance in the future. 

You can use this on its own or you can layer this on top of your favorite lipstick. It's also perfect for day or night wear whichever you prefer! I could even imagine that this would look really good on top of a nude shade of lipstick too! 😁

You Might Also Like

0 comments