MAC Week: Mac Lipstick in Sunny Seoul

4:01 PM



This week I'll be doing something different and interesting! I'm setting aside other makeup reviews that I have lined up and will instead focus on one single brand only for a whole week. I'm starting off with MAC products for this week and I will be reviewing one product a day!

First up is the MAC Lipstick in the shade Sunny Seoul. I bought this lipstick online at Stuffinstyle some time ago for P950. This is the first lipstick that I've tried and owned from this brand. 


Just like any other regular MAC lipsticks, the product is housed in their signature bullet-shaped tube. The tube is very sturdy and really shuts tight when you put the cap back on so you won't fear getting stains all over your bag.


Sunny Seoul is a light pink lipstick that has a yellow undertone to it. This is part of their Cremesheen line so its quite sheer even when swatched. But you can definitely build this up to add more color intensity. It has shimmers in it when you look closely but they don't appear once you apply this on your lips. This shade has a gorgeous sheen to it because of the shimmers and also has the signature MAC vanilla scent.



Although I've already used this up so much, I find the formula quite drying on the lips. I'm not sure if cremesheen lipsticks are generally drying but this one made my lips flaky. I still use it though because I don't want to waste money haha. I just make sure that I moisturize my lips before using it. 


What I usually do is I just pat this all over my lips and layer it with my NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Beige. This is what I do because I find that the undertone of this lipstick doesn't suit my skin very well. I try to make it work but it's not my favorite shade on me. This lasts for only about 2-3 hours without eating or drinking. 


I'm not the biggest fan of this formula. However, one product may work differently from one person to another so this kind of formula might still work for some. Actually, I think there are a lot out there who love the Cremesheen formula and don't find them drying at all. But this didn't work out for me so I won't be repurchasing this specific shade if ever I run out. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments