MAC Week: MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Zen Rose

5:41 PM


There was a period in my life when I was into bright pink, fuchsia and magenta shades of makeup specifically lipsticks. This lipstick from MAC in the shade Zen Rose is one of the purchases I made during that phase of my life haha! I was always on the lookout during that time for the kind of lipstick that can give a just bitten kind of look - as if you've just eaten a strawberry candy that stains (yes, I'm talking about you Lipps hahaha).


This lipstick is from the Sheen Supreme line of MAC. I purchased this at the local MAC counter for P1,100. This costs a little bit more than their regular lipsticks. But the packaging is better - is very sturdy, sleek and elegant - compared to the regular ones. It's a little bit harder to open though because the cap really shuts tight when you close it. Like any other MAC lipsticks, it also has their signature vanilla scent. 


This lipstick is a blue-based bright pink that I think would be very flattering for most people. Perfect for that Korean makeup look! This shade leans more to the darker fuchsia, magenta kind of color.


The formula of this lipstick is really good. It is very smoothcreamy and pigmented when applied on the lips. It also feels very lightweight like you're just wearing a lip balm although it's not as hydrating as one. It has this gorgeous sheen to it that makes your lips look luscious too. You can choose to apply it sheer by just one application or you can build it up with more layers


Although it is not very long-lasting because of its balmy texture and formula, it's still something I'd reach out if I want something that's bright and funThis doesn't settle on the lines or emphasize dry patches but it may not last a meal or a drink. However, it stays put for a pretty decent amount of time and still leaves a pretty stain as it wears off.  



Swatches of MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Zen Rose:

Overall, I've enjoyed using this product for days when I want something bright, light, fresh and funIf you're into more satin or matte lipsticks then this one won't be your cup of tea. I think that I'll go back to using this for the next days and try to "hit pan" (or tube?) even though I'm also into matte and satin lipsticks at the moment. 

Have you tried anything from the MAC Sheen Supreme Line? What's your favorite shade? 😊





You Might Also Like

0 comments