September 2016 Favorites

6:07 PM

I can't believe that we're more than halfway through this year already! I'm excited for new things up ahead but I'm also wondering where all the time went haha! Anyway, onto my post for today wherein I'll be sharing my favorite products for the month of September


First product on my list is this Johnson's Active Kids Shiny Drops Shampoo. I didn't think that I'd like this one since the only reason I bought this was because of its pretty color and design haha! This can be a bit drying but it surprisingly gives my hair the volume that it needs even though it's just a kids shampoo. I also like that it has a lovely scent to it.


For makeup, I've enjoyed using this Essence Silky Touch Blush in 40 Natural Beauty. I love that this gives a gorgeous natural flush on the cheeks, which is what I really like about brown or rose toned blush shades.




I've also been enjoying using these two very travel-friendly eyeshadow palettes lately. The first one is this No7 Stay Perfect Trio Eye Shadow Palette in Cappuccino, which I reviewed HERE. This palette is perfect for creating day to night eye makeup looks even though there are only three eyeshadows in it. I also like that it is so easy to use even for beginners since the colors aren't intimidating at all. 



Next, I enjoyed using this 4U2 dreamgirl Reflection Quattro Eyeshadow in #05. There are quite a number of good reviews about this eyeshadow palette online which is why I bought it. I initially wanted this palette in #01 but it wasn't available in every store that I went into. I haven't reviewed this yet but this is an amazing product for its price. I love everything about it - from its quality down to its packaging - considering that I only got this (on sale, I think) for only P150.






Another product that I enjoyed using this month is the Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer. This came free with my Lorac Pro Palette 1 which I posted about HERE. This is my go-to primer at the moment whenever I apply eyeshadow. This is somewhat watery, but not runny, compared to my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion which is more like a cream

It has some shimmers in it that are not really visible unless you look closely. This primer doesn't do anything magical or revolutionary but it does its job pretty well, which is already enough for me to like it and use it often.





I recently purchased this L.A. Girl PRO Conceal High Definition Concealer for only P160 through the Shopee app. I've wanted to try this for quite some time now because I've heard a lot of good reviews about it. This product somehow reminds me of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer but only much thicker and heavier when under the eyes. 

At first, I found this concealer too thick and heavy but I started to really enjoy this product when I finally learned to apply it properly. I always use a damp Real Techniques sponge to apply this under my eyes and it works very well that way. This method prevents it from creasing or caking.

A little goes a long way too so I only dot a few on areas where I need to conceal. I got the shade Creamy Beige but I think I might try Classic Ivory next time since, based on swatches online, it somehow reminds me of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey





I also purchased this BK Design Nail Art Stickers from Trinoma recently. I purchased two of this for only P29.75 each. I didn't know how to use these at first but I eventually got the hang of it. These look good especially if you're too lazy to paint your nails although it can also be tricky to put on at times. The only problem I have with these nail stickers is that they're too big for my very small fingernails haha! Other than that, this is a really good and fun purchase. 



Lastly, I enjoyed watching The Mentalist during the month of September. I heard good reviews about this show but I didn't want to watch it at first because there were already 7 seasons of it!! But, I'm so glad that I gave this a chance because this is a really good series to watch

Image obtained from: https://pro-labs.imdb.com/title/tt1196946/

The flow of the story is also very good and I've enjoyed the plot twists in each episode. The actors in this series did an excellent job as well. I also liked the fact that even though they've inserted some romantic interests, it didn't take away anything from the story and didn't become the focus of the series just like with other TV shows. I just wish that there were more seasons of it even though I know that it already ended a few years ago. So I'm now back to finding other TV shows that I could binge-watch next haha!

You Might Also Like

0 comments