Etude House Apricot Stick in 08 Cherry

10:00 AM

I recently reviewed the Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Spiky Rose here, where I mentioned an affordable dupe for it which is the Etude House Apricot Stick in 08 Cherry. If you've seen my review, then you'd know that this is not a straight up dupe for the Shu Uemura lipstick in terms of color. However, the texture and overall quality feels the same when worn on the lips. So I thought I'd make a separate review for this Etude House lip product for those who may be interested. 


I first discovered this product through a friend back in college. I initially thought that it's a pretty good product for those who, like me, want a pop of red color on the lips but don't want something that's too bold or striking. 


I also got another shade, which is 01 Grape. It's a pink, fuchsia shade but I already gave it to a friend of mine. I think I bought these for only P198 each at a local Etude House store.


I like the fact that the tube is just simple and plain but also cute. Surprisingly, it seems sturdy considering its price. It's also very convenient that the color of each tube is similar to the actual shade of the product in it. However, the sticker label on my tube is already gone by now so I still had to search for its shade name. There is also no english translation of any information found on the back side of the tube. So if you want to know any details about this product, such as its shade name, you'd just have to search for it online.


I think this is marketed as a lip gloss but, in reality, it's more like a tinted lip balm. Compared to other tinted lip balms though, this is much more pigmented and has a really glossy finish to it. It also feels very comfortable on the lips and is not greasy at all. It doesn't feel heavy either and doesn't have that feeling like it's just sitting on top of your lips.

This product is also perfect for creating a very natural everyday makeup look. I also like the fact that it's so easy to apply that you don't even need a mirror to do so. That's why I think that this is also perfect for people who are always on the go and just want to add a pop of color on their lips. 

Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Spiky Rose (Left) and
Etude House Apricot Stick in 08 Cherry (Right)

Similar to lip balms, this product doesn't really last very long on the lips. However, this is still something I'd recommend if you're into Korean makeup or if you're looking for something you can wear on an everyday basis. This is also so easy to pull off if you're new to red lip products. I also think that this is a good, affordable option if you want to get used to wearing red shades of lip products without looking over the top or feeling intimidated. 😊


You Might Also Like

0 comments