Mini Christmas Haul 2015

12:56 PM

This was supposed to go up last month that is why there's too much Christmas-y stuff going on in the background. I was very much intrigued to try the Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks and the Wet 'n Wild lipsticks ever since I found out about them. Also for the past weeks/months, I've been into matte lipsticks or liquid lipsticks so I wanted to satisfy my craving. Haha!


I purchased these online before Christmas, both from Yourmakeupstoreph via Instagram. 


On to the review and a ton of pictures!


WET 'n WILD LIPSTICKS


I chose two colors to try from the Wet 'n Wild matte lipsticks. I got 907C Mauve Outta Here and 915B Spiked with Rum. I purchased each for P150. I love the formula of these lipsticks and they don't feel cheap at all for the price. However, the only thing that feels cheap about it is the package (especially the cap). You also have to be careful when you close the tube because a part of the lipstick sticks out so it might smudge when you put the cap back on. The actual lipstick has a slight chemical scent to it but nothing too strong that it would bother you. The scent also fades after you apply it. Still, I couldn't complain for the price and quality of these lipsticks! I really like them and the shades suit my skintone very well.


Even though they're matte they feel very comfortable on the lips and they're not drying at all. They last long and there is no transfer when you drink. However, the lipstick faded quite a lot during eating (heavy eating haha!). 



Below are the swatches. Mauve Outta Here is a mauve, pink lipstick that is easy to wear and I guess will suit a lot of skintones. On the other hand, Spiked with Rum is a dark brown lipstick, with a slight red undertone to it, that isn't intimidating to wear at all. I love this because it really brightens up my face.


The pigmentation of these lipsticks is awesome. They don't go patchy when you apply them and they sit well on the lips. These don't emphasize dry patches so these would be great even for those with dry lips (however, I still suggest you moisturize your lips for better application).


COLOURPOP ULTRA MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICK

Another makeup that I purchased and I've been wanting for quite some time now is the Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Bad Habit. I got this for P389. I wore this last January 1 during our family's New Year Party and two of my cousins (who were also into makeup) noticed and gave me compliments. I love this because just like Spiked with Rum, this kind of shade suits my skintone well and brightens up my face. 


I love the actual package and box of this product. The tube is very sturdy and sleek while the box is so cute and fun.



I purchased the shade Bad Habit, which is a "dusty mauve pink color" as described in their site. I actually thought that it would be more bright and pink on the lips based on swatches online but it's actually much darker. Nonetheless, I still love the shade and how it looks on me. 



The doe foot applicator is small and is tapered on the end for better application. However,  it is a little bit tricky to apply because this is a liquid lipstick and is watery compared to other liquid lipsticks that I've tried. You have to make sure that before it dries out completely there is no product outside of your lip line. 



The formula of this one is great! I really enjoy using this liquid lipstick. The product is not too runny but not very viscous either that it would be too hard to apply. It dries quickly into a matte finish and stays put for so long unless you eat something that is too oily. In that case, it starts to fade on the inside of the lips. The scent of the product reminds me of a brand of shampoo, which I can't put my finger (nose :p) on, but it is very subtle and doesn't bother me at all. 

Below are the swatches of Bad Habit in natural lighting and low light (thanks to the gloomy weather haha).



I love this mini haul because everything I bought really impressed me even though they're very much affordable! So excited to try more shades from Colourpop and Wet 'n Wild! :)










You Might Also Like

0 comments