January 2016 Favorites

11:58 PM

This is my first ever Monthly Favorites post this 2016! I hope this wouldn't be the last either and that I'd be able to update this blog with my favorite products each month. I've already reviewed most of the items included in this post so I'll only talk about the ones that I haven't reviewed yet in detail.



MAKEUP

There are only a few things that got into my January favorites for makeup. I wasn't into wearing much makeup or anything at all this month. For blush, I'd usually go for a natural one. If I'm not using my Essence Come to Town blush in Wrapped in Pink (which you can see in the first photo above), I'll usually go for my trusty Elf blush in Mellow Mauve. It's very subtle, natural but glowy. It is a dusty mauve, pink blush that is great for makeup noobs like me or for those who like blushes that are subtle for everyday wear. 



For the lips, I went very subtle this month and would usually wear nothing at all or use this Boots 7 High Shine Lip Crayon in the shade Daydreamer. It's great for everyday wear just for a hint of color on the lips. This is very creamy and the color really shows up. It feels like a lip balm, very moisturizing, but with a pop of color in it. 


Most days I only wear concealer and for that I trust my favorite concealer for over a year now, which is the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Light 3 or Honey. I've already reviewed it here on my blog so I didn't include a photo of it. But for times when I want a hint of color on my eyelids I'd pat on some eyeshadow and for that I use my Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. 


I usually go for a one-eyeshadow-only look and I'll use any of these three shades in this palette on their own: Nooner, Liar or Mugshot. 


SKINCARE

For skincare I've been enjoying three products this month. I've already reviewed the two Biore products in this blog. I enjoyed using the wipes for removing makeup on my face on days when I do wear makeup. I also use the cleansing water for that purpose too and as part of my morning and night time skincare routine. 

This month, I've been into moisturizing my very dry skin so I use Avene's Cleanance Emulsion-Lotion mositurizer to combat it. I still think that my skin needs a much heavier moisturizer but for now I'm enjoying this product and it does the job for me. 



[Current Skincare routine: I currently use Acne Aid soap as recommended by my Dermatologist, Biore Micellar Cleansing Water, Avene mositurizer, Burt's Bees Eye Cream, and Elizabeth Arden 8hr Lip Balm]


OTHERS

I saw this product at a Japanese store a couple of weeks ago and I've been searching for this because I wanted to try it. I heard that this is a good tool to clean makeup brushes. I got this for only P88 and this is actually a Laundry Egg, used to clean clothes during washing. I tried this and I'm so impressed because it really works well for cleaning brushes compared to when I only use my hands and soap. 


I also bought this eye brush, I think around 2 months ago, and its from Artist Studio. I don't know the exact purpose of this brush beause it doesn't have a name on it. I think that it is an crease brush but I love using this for patting eyeshadow all over my eyelids. This is the brush that I usually use when I apply the Urban Decay eyeshadows I mentioned above. 



This necklace has been with me for months now and I've been wearing it loads these past few months. This has been my go-to necklace and I got it here in Manila and the owner of the shop told me that this is from Bangkok. I wear this when I want to add something to my outfit but don't want too much of a fuss. This necklace has three rings/hoops as pendants in the colors silver, rosegold and gold.



That's it for my January favorites this year! 1 month down and 11 more to tackle! Where did all the time go? How about you, what are your new discoveries and favorites for this month? :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments