February 2017 Favorites

7:39 PM


I have a lot of things to share with you for this month's favorites post. I don't know what else to say so I guess that means no more intro and let's just jump right into this month's favorites instead!


SKINCARE

I bought this Sexylook Disney Villains Face Masks (Ursula) during my recent trip to Taiwan with my friends. We bought this on sale at Cosmed for only NT 419 for 3 boxes (each containing 4 individually packed masks). That is about P670-700 per box. It's relatively cheap since the price per mask is about P55-60, just like how Korean masks cost. I love this because it doesn't break me out and it really is very moisturizing. The actual mask is actually pretty scary because it's all black, really sticking to its Disney Villains theme. I also love the package of this mask! Honestly, that's what convinced me to buy this mask in the first place.


I came across this Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water when I was walking down the beauty aisle of Trinoma's Supermarket. I got this 400mL bottle for only P245, which is fairly cheap compared to my favorite micellar water from Biore. I enjoyed using this product so much this month and there is still 3/4 product left in the bottle. I love that it takes off my makeup instantly and cleans my face very well even before I wash my face. This doesn't remove waterproof makeup based on my experience so I still have a bi-phase makeup remover in my stash for that. 



HAIR

I finally started using this Human Heart Nature Shampoo in Mandarin Fresh again! I wanted to try something else but when I saw this I thought I'd try this again to see if it still works the same for my hair. I started using this when I was in college, when one of my friends told me about this and how good it was. It's very gentle and it makes my hair softer and tamer. The scent of this shampoo is also very refreshing!



BODY

I've been enjoying using these two shower gels from Bath and Body Works in Twisted Peppermint and Mango Mandarin. The Twisted Peppermint reminds me so much of Christmas and I love that it has a cooling effect that is so refreshing! I could just imagine using this in summer although it actually feels like it already is now. The fruity scent of the Mango Mandarin shower gel reminds me of summer and being on the beach sipping your favorite fruit shake haha! I love how the Bath and Body shower gels smell and how these lather very well on the skin. This is actually part of my Dubai Haul, which is coming soon here in my blog.



MAKEUP



I have two favorite eyeshadow palettes for this month. The first one is the Missha x Line Eye Color Studio Mini in #1 Cony Pink. I saw this in a Missha store when I was in Singapore last December but I didn't buy it since I was going to Korea a few weeks after that. I thought that I'd just look for it there since it might also be cheaper there. However, I didn't find this when I was in Korea so I had no choice but to specifically request this to my brother as his pasalubong from his recent visit to Singapore. It's a bit tricky to use at first because it's pretty glittery but I love everything about this- from the package to the colors of the eyeshadows. The matte light pink and shimmery bright pink shades are very smooth and pigmented but I find that the other two shimmery colors are not as pigmented and are really very glittery. Overall, I like this palette and I usually pull this out when I want to practice recreating Korean makeup looks haha!



The next one is Solone's Classic Eyeshadow Kit! Tipsy Eyes. I also got this when I was in Taiwan (this will also be part of my Taiwan Haul, which is coming after I post my other delayed travelogues haha). The eyeshadows in this palette are pretty pigmented and also perfect for every day wear, which I like. I love the pink shades in this palette! I also love using this for practicing Korean Makeup looks! I find the brown shimmery shades look different on the eyelids compared to its swatches. I purchased this at Cosmed for only NT 299, which is about P480-500.


There are four lip products that I enjoyed using this month. As you'll see, I've been gravitating towards nude lip shades lately. The first one is this mini Shiseido Lipstick in RD 142. It appears more red on the swatch below but it is actually is a subtle brownish red lipstick. I think this is a mini sample but I don't have any idea since my cousin just gave this to me.


The next one is Etude House's Soft Touch Auto Lipliner in #1 Soft Rose. This is one of my purchases during our recent trip to Korea. If I only knew how good this is I would've hoarded since it was only 2000 won (P84) in the Etude House stores there. This is a nude mauvey pink liner that is perfect to use on its own or underneath your favorite lipstick. This also lasts pretty well on my lips. From the price down to its quality, this lipliner is really worth hoarding.


I purchased two more Wet n Wild lipsticks this month. I purchased the shades In the Flesh and Bare it All. I didn't think that I would like Bare it All more than the former since it is lighter. At first, I felt like it washed my face out but it became much darker on my lips as hours passed by. It seemed like it adapted and oxidized on my lips even though I don't think that it actually did. This is perfect for everyday wear and I love that you can use this for simple looks or even for a very sophisticated one. I purchased these at usbeautyoutlet via the Shopee app for only P150 each with free shipping (orders that are P250 and up).


The last item for my February favorites is this Holika Holika Lazy & Joy All Night Lip Oil.  I actually like Gudetama so I was excited to buy Holika Holika products from this range. I didn't think that I would like this at first as I was only eyeing the tinted ones. However, the two ladies at the Holika Holika store in Myeongdong forced me to also buy this so I couldn't say no haha! I'm also not into lip oils so I didn't think that I would really use this one up. But as I said, I had no choice haha! I tried this when I got home from Korea and I fell head over heels this product because it's very moisturizing! I think this is their take on the latest lip oil trend like the one from Clarin's. I usually apply this in the morning or before I go to bed. I love this and I got this for only 5900 won (P247)! I really love makeup shopping in Korea!


Etude House Lipliner, Wet n Wild Bare it All, Shiseido RD 142

Etude House Lipliner, Wet n Wild Bare it All, Shiseido RD 142

That's it for my February favorites! Hope you enjoyed this post and found something interesting here! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments