January 2017 Favorites

5:52 PM


It feels like it was just yesterday when I published my very first January favorites. Time really flies by so quickly and I feel like I always say it in my posts haha. Moving on, there were a lot of products that I got to try this month due to the fact that I also traveled quite a bit for the last couple of weeks. I'll be posting some travel hauls and travelogues in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned for that! For now, here are my favorite products for the month of January.

I loved using The Face Shop's CC Long-Lasting Cushion in the shade V203 Natural Beige ever since I got this during our trip in Korea last January. I love the dewy and flawless finish that this gives. It's also so easy to apply and to bring with you especially when traveling since you don't need to bring a bulky foundation brush anymore. Can we also take the time to appreciate the very cute package? Who can even say no to this cute thing? I actually bought this product because of this cute character, Mike haha! So cute! Although it has SPF 50, it doesn't really show on pictures so that's a plus!



I also enjoyed using Astalift's Lotion, which is a liquid type of moisturizer, during this month. I got this as a prize from the brand when they set up a booth in front of Wisma Atria in Orchard Road when my family and I went there last December. I didn't think that I would like this since it's my first time using a moisturizer with this kind of formula but so far so good! It looks oily but it actually isn't. I love that it is easily absorbed by my skin and that a little of this goes a long way.


For the eyes, I've been bringing these two palettes during our recent trips abroad. I purchased both from Sephora in Singapore and I'm really impressed because both of these palettes has creamy and pigmented eyeshadows. These are the Zoeva Rose Golden Eyeshadow Palette and Sephora Eyeshadow Palette. The colors are also so pretty and can be used from day to night time looks.





There was only one blush I consistently used ever since my cousin gave this to me last January. It's the Benefit blush in Sugarbomb. I didn't think I'd like this because it looked a bit shimmery and too much for everyday/day time wear. However, I grew to like this blush because it's not shimmery at all and it just gives you the right amount of natural flush on the cheeks. This is perfect for "no makeup" makeup looks too.



There were a lot, I repeat, a lot of lip products that I loved for the month of January that I still use until now.


These are all part of my Korean Makeup Haul (coming soon here in my blog haha). I've used these so much since January. The first one on the leftmost side is a Vitamin Oil Tint, which has Apeach on it haha! I forgot which brand this is from but this is a collaboration with Kakao Talk. So cute! I really love Korean makeup products even more because of the package!! This gives a very lovely pink tint on the lips and it's so moisturizing! This has a very weird shaped and fat applicator but it does the job of applying the tint easier and faster.




I didn't mean to show you the color of this tint this way. It actually spilled hahaha!

The ones in the middle are both from Etude House and it's the Dear Darling Water Tints. I got the shades 01 (Pink) and 02 (Red). These are reminiscent of Nature Republic's Water Tint, which I reviewed here in my blog. Again, aside from being cute, these are so pretty on the lips! They're also very affordable haha.


The last one on the rightmost side is a Rilakkuma x Apieu lipstick in RD04 Milano. This is so gorgeous! I enjoyed using this as a tint when I don't want to wear it full on. This is also very affordable! As with any Korean makeup, the package without fail, is very very cute!





Last two things on my list are these two products for the hands and nails.


The first one is this Marks and Spencer's Moisturising Hand and Nail Cream in Magnolia. I didn't think that it would be as mositurizing as I'd like it to be but this works very well for my very dry hands. This smells so good as well and it's very light and non-greasy.


I also loved this Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream that I purchased in a set (along with a Pomegranate Lip balm) for only P295! I didn't hesitate to pick this one up when I saw it during the holidays because the original price of this cuticle cream when you buy it on its own is definitely much more expensive than P295. Such a steal! It also didn't fail me. It's very moisturizing and it doesn't feel greasy at all! Love using this for my very dry nail beds haha. This has a very lovely, lemon-y scent!



That's it for my January 2017 Favorites! Most of these products are part of my upcoming haul posts so stay tuned to see what I got from our recent trips! Hope you enjoyed this post! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments