Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyl in Sweet Escape and November 2014 Favorites

7:56 PM

I just recently started blogging about makeup in my wordpress blog when I decided to move back here since it would be easier to just manage one blog. :) It's not really a big move since I just started out and posted only two entries there. I still thought that it would be better to move those two posts here as a start. :D

December 5, 2014

Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyl in Sweet Escape

marcjacobs1
This product started my love affair with lip glosses. To start with, I never really liked lip glosses before because I find them too heavy and sticky on the lips. I first discovered this product through Get it Beauty, a Korean beauty show that I have been so addicted with a couple of months ago. This was featured in one of the episodes and Jaekyung, one of the show's hosts, said that it's a great lip product and is fairly long lasting compared to other glosses. She actually has one in the shade Sweet Escape, given to her by a fan. I really liked the color and how it looked on her but sadly it wasn't available here in Manila.
marcjacobs2
So during our recent trip to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur I made sure I included Sephora on our itinerary. I checked every Sephora I visited and searched for the Marc Jacobs counter. I finally gave in when I went to KL's Sephora (because it's actually cheaper to buy there compared to SG) and bought the exact shade Jaekyung has. I was also planning on buying another shade, which is Studded Kiss, but I was saving my money for other things (including the Naked 3 palette XD).
marcjacobs3
It's actually quite expensive for a lip gloss but I don't mind because it's really a great buy and is really worth every peso. I haven't seen a lot of reviews on this product so I'm making one to spread the word (haha). This lip gloss doesn't feel heavy at all and isn't sticky as well. It smells yummy and reminds me of cake batter (think NYX Butter lip gloss but with a different kind of sweetness plus a minty note to it). It has this minty feel once you apply it, which only lasts for a minute or two. What I love about this product is that it feels like it's hugging your lips. I actually like rubbing my lips together from time to time because it just feels so nice. It has shimmers on it but they don't show up once you apply it on your lips, which I really like. The color is really nice and is good for a very natural, everyday look and I actually think that this shade makes my lips look plumper.
 marcjacobs4
This lipgloss has a different kind of applicator, which I also really love. I can't seem to describe it (haha) except that it's soft, flat and thin. It actually feels fluffy and nice whenever I use it over my lips.

marcjacobs5
Overall, this is a great product and if you can get your hands on it then go ahead and give it a try! :)


 December 11, 2014

November 2014 Favorites

IMG_0985-0.JPG
I know it already seems too late for a November favorites post but I really don't mind. I thought I'd still share them with you :)

MAKEUP:
IMG_0993
  IMG_0990
  • Essence cream eyeshadow in For Fairies (09): I love using this cream eyeshadow for adding brightness on my eyelids especially during lazy days. I love that it gives that subtle shiny hint of pink color, which you can build up. However, I don't know if it's just the stock that I got but it seems a little too dry and you have to work it out a little bit for the color to show.

  • NYX Megashine Lipgloss in Dolly Pink: as I've mentioned in my previous posts, I didn't want anything to do with lip glosses so I stayed away from them until I've tried the Marc Jacobs Lip Vinyl and other lip glosses from NYX. I heard so many good reviews about the NYX Megashine lip gloss in Youtube so I tried it and fell deeply in love! I love how this particular shade is so pigmented and it leaves a stain on your lips when it fades. It's not sticky (in an irritating kind of way) at all and has that bubblegum scent to it that reminds me of Big Boy bubblegum. :))

  • NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu: I love everything about this gloss and I also have another one in the shade Devil's Food Cake and I'm planning on getting other shades. <3 It smells so yummy like cake batter and again this isn't sticky. It stays on the lips for a couple of hours but I find that for this shade I tend to reapply after 1 to 2 hours.




  • Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm: This is my go-to lip balm whenever my lips feel dry. It has a minty scent to it, which I find relaxing, and a minty feel that is not so tingly but stays for a couple of minutes. It really hydrates my lips but I need to reapply often as my lips are really dry.
  • Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant: I got this at the Singapore Changi Airport Terminal 2 for only SGD 10. I immediately grabbed this because I've tried the Eight Hour cream that comes in a tube (when I visited EA's stall in the mall) and I loved it. So I was really excited to see this at the airport and paid for it at once because I was eager to try it. I usually use this at night when I really want to treat my lips and when they're really super dry. It's funny how it smells like Sprite to me! Haha! But this really works great and I don't want to ever run out of it. :))
  • Fashion 21 Perfect Stick (with Tea Tree Oil): I use this as a concealer whenever I'm bored or too lazy to use my MAC Studio Finish Concealer (NC30). So far so good. This works great and smells so nice (again, it has that minty scent haha!). I love that it's creamy and it has a cute packaging (the color and font of this reminds me of Korean makeup packages). It lasts for a couple of hours but when I apply it on my skin in the morning, I find that I have to reapply by mid-afternoon as I have oily skin. Btw, this is a local product you can get here in the Philippines.
  • Nail Paint by Barry M in Indigo: This is one of the nail polish shades I used this month. I asked my sister to buy a couple of nail polishes for me in Dubai and I asked her to get me five shades from Barry M.'s line. The other shade I wanted (Prickly Pear) wasn't available so she picked out this shade instead. I was a little hesitant to use this shade because I thought that it wouldn't suit me and that it's too dark for my liking. But I actually liked it since it brightens up my hands (if that even makes sense haha) and I was able to wear it for a week without much chipping.

Body Products and Other Necessities:
IMG_0997   IMG_0998
  • Lush's Snow Fairy Limited Edition Shower Gel: I only got this around the 3rd week of November but I really love this. It smells like this particular cough syrup medicine, which is actually the candy floss scent, but it doesn't bother me at all. I think it really smells so nice, sweet and yummy, and it makes my bathroom smell so nice as well. I love the package and the color of this shower gel! It lathers up so well that a little goes a long way. I'm planning on buying another bottle to stock up (#HoarderModeOn hahaha).
  • Dove Go Fresh Nourishment Body Lotion in Fresh Cucumber and Green Tea scent: This smells so good and refreshing! I use this every night and I love that it has that cooling sensation every time you apply it. It moisturises my body pretty well and is not greasy at all!
  • Kleenex Oil Control Film: Aside from the color, I love using this because it helps in keeping the oil in my face at bay. It has that grip-like texture on one side to help you easily wipe the oil from your face.
  • Evian Facial Spray: I use this everytime I'm outside and I want to freshen up my face especially because it's so hot here in our country. I love that it sprays the water evenly and nicely on my face.
  • Sanicare Cleansing Wipes: I like the scent of these wipes and it is also textured so I feel like it cleanses my face pretty well whenever I use this. This is also refreshing and, yes, I use this for my hands, arms and neck as well whenever I'm outside and I want to freshen up. :))
IMG_0999   IMG_1001
  • Salonpas Air Jet: I used this so much last November because I had body aches so often. This is so nice because all you have to do is spray it on the area and you can also spread it after with your hands if you like. It's very convenient and fun to use!
  • Dove's Dry Shampoo: I've been searching for this ever since October and I finally got one for myself last November when I was grocery shopping. I love that it adds volume to my very limp hair but I also find it drying that is why I'm still looking for another dry shampoo. At times I find that it leaves white residues on my hair if I don't apply this properly but it disappears once you work it out. Still, I used this so much last month since I find that my hair gets greasy by mid-afternoon so I need to add life and volume to it (especially on my fringe).
  • Rhoto C Cube Eyedrops: I got this at Watson's in Suria KLCC when I was in Malaysia a couple of months ago because I was looking for a backup for my Rhoto V eyedrops that I got in Hongkong before. However, this doesn't have that cooling effect that the Rhoto V has. But it works pretty well in refreshing my tired eyes. It also works great everytime some particles gets into my eyes or when they're itchy. :D
IMG_0996
  • Accessories: I got the Fox and Gold Heart rings from Forever 21 and the Star one from CNA. I've been using these very often last November and I still love using them this month (December). I love that the heart and star rings are very skinny and chic.
So these are all my favorites for the month of November. How about you, what are your favorite products last month? :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments