Catrice Eyeshadow in 540 Rose Marie's Baby

10:55 PM


This is the first time that I tried a product from the makeup brand Catrice even though I've already heard about this brand before. I was curious about the quality of their eyeshadows and I was also on the lookout for a champagne shade anyway so I bought one from this brand. I also featured this in my recent haul post here. I purchased the shade 540 Rose Marie's baby, which is a very witty and funny name hehe.


I bought this on sale for P150 from its original price of P249.75. You get 2g of product which is a good deal for that price. The packaging of this eyeshadow is transparent and sleek. It's also sturdy enough and locks tightly with a snap.


This champagne eyeshadow really brightens and opens up the eyes. However, you really have to build it up since it's not that pigmented. I also recommend using a primer underneath to make the color stand out and to avoid fading or creasing as well. But I only use this on its own for just a wash of color on the lids. 


This shimmery eyeshadow is very smooth even to the touch. To test its longevity, I didn't apply any primer on my eyelids so that I could really test the product as is. It's not very long-lasting on its own and I found that it faded in a patchy way after almost 2 hours. I also find it hard to blend especially when I use an eyeshadow brush. It's the kind of eyeshadow that seems pigmented but is actually powdery when you swatch or use it. 


I haven't tried other shades from this range but, hopefully, the other shades have better quality or pigmentation than this. When swatched, I also found that there is more whiteness to it than champagne. I didn't find it flattering on me so I don't really use this that much anymore. I don't think that this is a good option if you're also looking for a champagne eyeshadow and I would pass up on this color in particular.

You Might Also Like

0 comments