Essence Single Eyeshadows in 52 Olive Green and 34 Love that Grey

10:30 PM


I purchased these Essence eyeshadows a couple of months ago for around P129.75 each. I'm always excited to find affordable products like these so I was really happy with this purchase. 


I only got two out of a number of shades, which are 34 love that grey and 52 olive garden. The packaging of these eyeshadows is similar to that of other Essence products which is just a plastic compact. It looks cheap but is sturdy enough

These eyeshadows have this gorgeous design embossed on each pan that is why, so far, only the right side have dent marks haha!

Essence Eyeshadow 52 olive green

Essence Eyeshadow 34 love that grey


Between these two, I actually prefer the olive green eyeshadow. I didn't like 34 love that grey because it's patchydifficult to blend and build up. It's not that pigmented either so it's not something that I would reach for if I want a pop of color on my eyelids. I also feel like cool toned eyeshadows, in general, don't really look good on me. 😅


The olive green eyeshadow is much better though. It has a very pretty color, with a gold sheen, that's actually very subtle so it's still wearable even for a daytime look. It's not that bold or too dramatic - like you're about to attend an award's night haha! Even though it's also not very pigmented, it still is buildable unlike the other shade. 

I tested this without primer and found that there is minimal fading on the second hour of wearing this particular eyeshadow. Although it doesn't become patchy as it gradually fades, it would still be best to use a primer underneath. I usually use the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original to intensify the color of this eyeshadow and to make it last much longer.

These eyeshadows didn't exhibit much fallout although they're really not that pigmented so you will still need a decent primer when using them. But for its price, you get a lot of product at 2.5g each. These are decent enough although I would only recommend the shade 54 olive garden between the two. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments