Lime Crime Velvetines in Suedeberry

10:00 AM

A few years ago, Lime Crime Velvetines were all the rage. I bought one online at the height of its popularity. It was back when lip glosses that dry into a velvet matte finish were still new and everyone was so excited and curious to try them

I picked up the shade Suedeberry since I thought that it would be much more subtle compared to their other bolder, brighter shades. By now, it's probably too late to post a review about this. Nevertheless, I'll still share my thoughts about this product! 😄


The packaging is so cute that I still want to keep it even if it runs out or it goes past its expiration date. The product is housed in a frosted tube with a very cute cap that has a circus-like, magical design and a unicorn on its top.


The doe foot applicator is quite small but is still tapered at the end. It's stiff but still soft enough to allow easy and precise application. The gloss smells so nice and sweet, like cake or batter, which I really like. The scent fades after application so those who dislike scented products might get away with it. 

The gloss is a little bit runny. It feels watery and oily at the same time but then it dries quickly to give a velvet matte finish so you have to work really fast.


Both its formula and finish are really good although this gloss may emphasize dry patches and lines on your lips. On the plus side, this lasts very long even with eating or drinking and the only way to remove this is by using an oil-based makeup remover

To be honest, I haven't used this as much just because I felt like the color didn't suit me very well after all. This is still nice and fun to use from time to time although I just wished they had more colors to choose from


I don't see any shops nowadays that are still selling Lime Crime products. I don't know if they stopped selling these or just because its popularity died down already. But if you're on the lookout for other liquid lipsticks that have a matte finish, I'd say you should give the Colourpop ones a try! They have a wide selection of colors, they're very much affordable and the quality is superb! 😉

You Might Also Like

0 comments