MAC Week: MAC Browset in Beguile

11:17 PM

The first MAC Browset that I've tried is in the shade Girl Boy, which is what I used on my graduation day. But I exchanged it with the one that my sister owns which is in the shade Beguile. We swapped when we noticed that my current hair color (I'm back to having black hair hehe) matches Beguile much better now while hers (very light coppery brownmatches perfectly with Girl Boy. So convenient to have a sister! 😂

This Browset was purchased at the MAC store in Suria KLCC Mall when we were in Malaysia. She bought this because I raved about it so much. She tried it and eventually loved it too! This was around P950 - cheaper compared to how much they sell it here in Manila. I actually bought my previous Browset in Girl Boy at the MAC SM Aura store for P1,100


The MAC Browset in Beguile is described in their site as a "full bodied taupe" eyebrow tint. This brow product is meant to stroke the hairs of your eyebrows into place, and add shape and tint to them. 


The tube is very basic. It is lightweight but feels very sturdy. The brush that comes with it is originally straight similar to mascara brushes. I intentionally bent it since I read blog posts before that it makes the application so much easier and that you can even ask the makeup artist at the MAC store to do it for you when you buy one.

When I bought my first Browset, I also saw the makeup artist use a bent brush when he tested it on me. But I just bent it myself because I discovered that, similar to mascara brushes, its metal is very pliable. Although make sure to still be careful just in case hehe!


If you have thick eyebrows, just like me, you have to be extra careful not apply too much since it can make your brows look like blackboard erasers haha! 😅 I experience this more with Beguile since this is much darker than Girl BoyWhat I do to prevent this from happening is I usually just wipe off the excess on the opening of the tube before brushing it on my brows.



Here are the swatches and actual review of the MAC Browset in Beguile:


Beguile is more of a medium brown, taupe-y shade. It has gold shimmers that you can see when you swatch it or when you look at it closely. But it doesn't really show up like big chunks of glitters when you apply it on your brows. It has that golden sheen to it because of these shimmers. I think that compared to Girl Boy, the shimmers in it are much smaller and well blended into the product.

Beguile is much more suitable for those with darker hair colors, such as medium brown or brownOn the other hand, Girl Boy compared to Beguile is much suitable for those with copper or light brown hair colors


This takes a couple of seconds after application to completely dry. And when it does, the product stays put and doesn't budge. When it's completely dry though, this product kind of makes your brows stiff but not in a bad or bothersome way. But don't expect this to last when your brows get wet (e.g. if you like using brow tints even when swimming, like some people do). 

When I bought my first tube of Browset before, the makeup artist taught me the best way to apply this product for a more polished and natural look. He told me to brush the product in the opposite direction first and then to brush the hairs back in place afterwards. This is to make sure that all areas, especially where you brow hairs are sparse, will really be covered well.

UPDATE (07/03/16): I don't use the same method for this shade anymore just because it is much darker and more pigmented. I just stroke it in one direction (following the same direction of the hair growth) to prevent clumping and adding too much tint to my brows.


I've had this for a while now and it still hasn't dried up yet. It really performs well if you want to match your brow color with that of your hair, and if you also want to keep them in shape and in place. If you have sparse areas, I think it's still best to use a brow pencil in combination with this. 

The only downside to this product is the scent which reminds me of old and already dried up roses haha! Also, in terms of pigmentationI find that I like Girl Boy much better just because it's a lighter shade so I don't worry about applying too much. Maybe I'll go back to using it when I change my hair color again in a few months. Although I'm actually thinking of trying something else for a change. Maybe the much talked about Benefit Brow Tint next?

How about you, do you also use brow tints and what's your favorite one? 😊




You Might Also Like

0 comments