MAC Week: MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush

10:16 AM


I first heard about the MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush from Tanya Burr. She used it in one of her videos and I loved how it gave her a very natural looking, dewy glow. It looked really nice so I immediately searched the internet for more reviews and swatches! I really wanted to get my hands on it so I also checked whether this is available locally. 

I found out that it isn't and confirmed it when I went to the MAC store in Eastwood to ask. So I just asked my sister to buy one for me because the chances of it being available in the MAC stores there is much greater! I ended up receiving it as one of my Christmas gifts from her so I was really happy about that hahaha! 😁


The MAC Cream Colour Base is a multi-use product that comes in a variety of shades. I chose this one because the swatches looked really pretty and since this is the one that Tanya Burr used in her video. These cream products are very versatile as they be used on the eyes, face or lips

According to the MAC website, the Cream Colour Base is:

"A creamy, emollient-based formula that imparts colour and a sheer, dewy finish, allowing you to create effects that range from sheer layers to dramatic and luscious intensities, depending on the application. Unique formula allows product to be applied directly on bare skin, eyes and lips or blends easily when layered over foundation, moisturizer or powder."

You can use this particular shade in Hush for your eyes and face. I don't think that this would look good on the lips since it's really sheer. Also, there are some shades from this line that are not advisable to be used for your eyes like the bolder and brighter ones. 


This product was purchased at a local MAC store in Dubai for 110 AED or around P1320


This product comes in MAC's signature black pot that they also use for their blushes and concealers. The packaging is sturdy, lightweight and easy to tote around in your makeup bag or purse. It is smaller than the blush compacts though and only contains 3.2g of product.




This shade is described by MAC as a,  ""soft peach with icy shimmers" cream colour base with a frost finish." This product blends really nicely and leaves a very natural dewiness on the skin. 


This particular shade can be used for highlighting your cheekbones, brow bone, nose bridge, cupid's bow or eyelidsI only use my finger to apply this product. 

I tried using this to highlight my cheekbones - on my bare face and on top of foundation. I liked it better when layered on top of foundation because it looked much more flawless and more put together.


I included a number of photos here so you can see how it gives off a gorgeous luminous glow especially when it catches the light




I don't think the swatches below give justice to how pretty this cream product is haha! Hush is really sheer so it was a bit hard to take pictures of it.



On my eyes, this lasted for about 3-4 hours only and I found that this creases on me especially when I layer it on. On my cheekbones, this lasted for about 4-5 hours on its own and about 6 hours when layered on top of a foundation. My cheekbones and eyelids get a bit oily as the day goes by so I think that's still quite impressive. 

This can emphasize dry patches on your cheeks especially when it catches the light so make sure to moisturize well enough. If you have oily skin, you have to make sure to apply just the right amount so that you won't end up looking like a greaseball. 😅

I think you'd enjoy this if you're looking for a multi-purpose product to give a natural, dewy highlight to different areas of your face!

Have you tried anything from the MAC Cream Colour Base line? What's your favorite product to use as a highlighter? 😊



You Might Also Like

0 comments