MAC Week: MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

8:11 AM


Around 2011, when I was still in university, one of my closest friends taught me the basics of makeup. We even had a mini makeup session in one of the dark corridors of our old Institute of Chemistry building since I needed to learn how to apply makeup for an event. One of the products she brought during our mini "makeup sesh" was a gel eyeliner from Maybelline. I was already familiar with pencil and liquid types of eyeliners but it was my first time to see and try a gel eyeliner. I was really impressed with its quality so I bought one for myself too and I really enjoyed using it since then. 

Fast forward to 2014, I was on the lookout for an eyeliner that I could use for my graduation. I wanted to try something else so I searched for reviews and ended up buying this gel eyeliner from MAC. I purchased this MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack (3g) at a local MAC store for P1,100. I initially thought of getting Dipdown, which is a brown shade, but I figured I could get more use out of this one. This liner is often compared to the Bobbi Brown gel liner so I was actually torn between the two and since I also read reviews that this MAC one dries up faster


This gel eyeliner comes in a glass pot so it's a little bit heavy. But it is still easy to carry around in your makeup bag or purse since it's just very tiny. After every use, you always have to make sure to close the cap tightly so that this wouldn't dry up easily. Although I've had this for quite some time now and, miraculously, it still hasn't dried up yet! I usually close this as soon as I get enough product to use.




Below are the swatches of this gel eyeliner where you can see that it is really a jet black shade. I love this product because even though it's much more expensive than the usual gel eyeliners, you only need a little amount during application so this can really last you a long time. It is very creamy, pigmented and easy to work with as well.  I also love that it is really smudge-proof and long-lasting especially since I get slightly oily eyelids as the day goes by. I like that it has a matte finish and that it doesn't have an any scent to it.


The only downside of this product is you have to apply it quickly because it dries up pretty fast. It's also not really that convenient to use when you're in rush in the morning or when you need to get ready right away because it takes much more time and effort than when you're just using a regular pencil or liquid eyeliner. 

Despite these downsides, this MAC gel eyeliner is a great product and you're really getting what you paid for. This is also a good option if you get really oily eyelids as it stays put throughout the day. I really think that it's worth giving a shot if you're looking for a new gel eyelinerBut if you're on a budget and looking for a gel eyeliner then I suggest giving the Maybelline Gel liner a try! It actually has great quality for its price. It's cheaper but still comes with a really good free brush! Although I find that the MAC one is still much more long-lasting and has a more matte finish, which I really prefer.

Aaand that's it for my mini MAC week series and hope you enjoyed it! Let me know in the comments section what your favorite makeup products from MAC are too! 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments