July 2016 Favorites

2:00 PM


I have a number of exciting favorite items for the month of July, including two TV series and a Webtoon. I really think that I have good ones for this month so I'm excited to share them with you!


MAKEUP ITEMS:

I only have two items under the makeup category. First up is this Colourpop Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick in the shade Echo Park. I first saw this in one of Ingrid Nilsen's videos and ever since then I made up my mind that I would buy this on my next Colourpop haul. I love this shade because it's so easy to wear. This is a gorgeous, nude peach shade that is perfect for everyday wear

I didn't think that this would suit my skin tone but after seeing swatches online I decided to give it a try. I asked my friend to buy this for me and we got it cheaper because her uncle bought it directly in the US. I also purchased a few more items from Colourpop and I will be posting a mini haul, including the swatch of this liquid lipstick, one of these days. 😁


I decided to try this Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara after hearing so many people rave about this. This is actually one of Zoella's favorite mascaras so I couldn't help but try it! I've also finished up my K palette mascara so I had an excuse to finally buy this one haha! I'm so glad that I did so because I've been really enjoying this mascara so much until now. I love that it really holds the curl, and that it lengthens and separates my lashes well to make them much more prominent. 




SKINCARE/HAIR ITEMS:

I've also been using this Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray, which my mom gave me, so much lately. I use this loads before and after applying makeup. I love this product because it has so many uses. I use this on areas in my body that get itchy too and even use this to freshen up during hot, humid days. 


I have one hair product included this month. Since it's still very hot here in Manila, my hair becomes too dry and brittle even after using a conditioner. I'd usually use this Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil from Organix (OGX), which I already reviewed here, after shampooing and conditioning my hair. I've loved this product so much this July and I'm still using it as of this writing. I love that it makes my hair really soft! It detangles my hair and prevents it from becoming frizzy so that it's much more manageable.


I finally found this Taiwan 216 lashes at Trinoma last month. This is so cheap! You get 10 pairs for only P99. I'm so happy that I finally found this because I can't find it anywhere in Divisoria or in the mall near where we live. I like the fact that it looks very natural when used. I think I read somewhere that these are handmade so they really look like real lashes

These lashes are a little bit tricky to use though as these tend to move around if not properly applied because the stem is quite flimsyI'm still practicing but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. But for the price and quality, this is really good! I'm planning on buying other lashes from this same brand as soon as I totally master how to apply this.






I rediscovered these gold beaded ribbon nail stickers when I was sorting through my nail polish box. I didn't really like these stickers before because I felt like these restricted me from doing anything with my hands. But I enjoyed using these on my bare nails last month. I'm so excited to try and experiment with other designs too! I think I purchased this set for only P29.75 at Landmark, Trinoma.



NON-MAKEUP ITEMS:

For TV series, I've watched and finished the Master's Sun last month. It was a great series and I liked the fact that it's not like your usual kind of KDrama. I really enjoyed watching it and this kind of KDrama genre is really something new for me hehe.

Image obtained from: http://couch-kimchi.com/2013/07/30/four-official-posters-for-masters-sun/

I then proceeded to watch other series starring So Ji Sub (because I was so mesmerised by him after watching the Master's Sun hahaha) so I watched Oh My Venus afterwards. I'd usually see this in the recommendation section when I was still busy watching the Master's Sun but I thought I wouldn't like it so I passed up on this for a while. But OMG, this is really good! 

This is by far my favorite KDrama ever haha! It's a feel good kind of series and it's so funny! I also liked the fact that the antagonists were not too evil haha. I cried and laughed so much while watching this drama. Btw, I watched these shows on the Dramot+ app or at DramaFever. I also watched One Sunny Day after OMV and, I must say, it's also really good too! 😁

Image obtained from: https://www.dramafever.com/news/oh-my-venus-recaps-by-kim-ji-woong-henry/

It's my first time to include a webtoon in my monthly favorites! I just can't help but share this wonderful thing with you haha! I've been really enjoying the webtoon, Cheese in the Trap, ever since I discovered it last month. I just can't stop reading it! I'm still currently reading this webtoon and, as of this week, I'm already in Season 2

This webtoon is really popular and it was recently turned into a TV series. I first saw the TV series when I was browsing through the Dramot+ app. I wasn't interested at first because the title made me skeptical and I didn't think that I'd find this interesting at all. I actually thought that the TV series wasn't based on anything until I discovered this webtoon when I was looking for a something new to read. I still haven't watched the series though but I'm a fan of the webtoon now! I just can't stop reading it and I keep wanting to know what would happen next! 

I read mangas and webtoons on the Manga Rock app and I also downloaded another which is the Manga Bird. Both of these apps have high ratings in the App Store. 😊

Image obtained from: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19459615-cheese-in-the-trap-season-3

You Might Also Like

0 comments