May & June 2016 Favorites

1:00 PM

I haven't uploaded a single post for the past few months since we had renovations done to our house including my room (which I also mentioned in my previous post). I had old built in cabinets and tables removed, tiles replaced and had my walls repainted. I was also busy with other tasks which made it much harder to keep up with getting entries done. But better late than never! Let's get this monthly favorites done. Here are my top products for the months of May and June. 😄


MAY 2016

There are only a few items that made it to my May 2016 Favorites. The renovation in our house started around this month so all my stuff were temporarily placed in boxes. I didn't want to be bothered with rummaging through my things so there were only a few makeup items that I used and that got into my favorites this month. I also wanted to keep my look simple so I didn't wear much either. During this month, I only wanted items that were easy to use and which can instantly brighten up my face without much effort. The whole point is just that I didn't want to look like a zombie haha!



MAKEUP ITEMS:

For the eyes, I used either the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadow in Barely Branded, which I reviewed here, or the Nude eyeshadow in my Lorac Pro Palette 1 on its own. I actually used the wrong cream eyeshadow in the picture above. I accidentally grabbed the wrong one when I was taking photos haha! I just took a photo of this Barely Branded cream eyeshadow again for a close up shot below. 






I also used this MAC Cream Colour Base in Hush so much this month. I've finally mastered how to put this product on my face without making myself look like a grease ball halfway through the day haha! I used this mainly as a highlight on my cheekbones. I only use my finger every time to tap and blend this in. I've already reviewed this product during my MAC week series here if you want to check it out.


I've somehow mastered the way I want my lashes curled for these past few months. And because of that, I've shown much love lately to my Shiseido 213 Eyelash curler. I also found that changing the pad really made a difference to how curled my lashes would be and how long it would hold the curl.



NON-MAKEUP ITEMS:

There are two items this month that I've included for my non-makeup favorites. The first one is this Simpsons-inspired socks. It's so cute that's why I bought it on a whim. I got this at the Japan Home Center for only P88.  


The next one, which is a food item, is this Mornflake Oat Granola. I didn't expect myself to like this because I was just looking for an alternative to my favorite Familia Muesli. But this granola is really good! You can eat this with Greek or plain yoghurt but I really enjoyed this the most with milk! I also sometimes eat this on its own during merienda haha! I love the dried fruits in this granola. So yummy! 

I don't have an actual picture anymore because I've already finished my stock haha! I recently visited the supermarket where I purchased this from but it's currently out of stock. I just placed a picture of this Oat Granola below, which I got from their official site, but you should definitely give this a try if you happen to see this in a grocery or supermarket near you. You'll really love this if you're into Muesli or oat granola products.
Image obtained from: http://www.mornflake.com/products/original-oat-granola/


JUNE 2016

I was actually surprised to realize that I don't have a list of June 2016 favorites on any of my notepads haha! I guess it was due to the fact that I was busy cleaning and putting back my things back to where they're supposed to be after my room renovation. I was busy removing things from boxes and organizing them in my room. The only thing that I could remember is that I started watching How I Met Your Mother during this month. I've watched and finished the whole series already from Season 1 to 9. Yes, I already watched every single episode hahaha! I got addicted to this show but, up until now, I actually still don't know if I like the ending or not. 😅

You Might Also Like

0 comments