No7 Stay Perfect Trio Eye Shadow Palette in Cappuccino

1:00 PM

I discovered the No7 brand when I was searching for a dupe for the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo in the shade Raisin that I saw in one of Zoella's videos. Since the Estee Lauder Palette isn't available anymore, I searched high and low for a dupe. 

I found this blog post that mentioned the No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in Iridescent Purple as a good dupe for it. So I asked my sister to buy one for me since it isn't available here in Manila. However, Iridescent Purple wasn't available when she went to Boots so she bought me two trio eyeshadow palettes instead. The first one, which I'll be reviewing today, is an everyday, neutral eyeshadow palette. The other one is a bold palette with blue, green and violet shades in it. I already gave the latter to a friend since I haven't really used it much.


The eyeshadow palette I'm reviewing today is the No7 Stay Perfect Trio Eyeshadow Palette in the shade Cappuccino. The eyeshadows in this mini palette are very buttery, smootheasy to blend and work with. These are not very pigmented especially when swatched so I really didn't expect much from it. But, surprisingly, this mini eyeshadow palette is pretty good if you're looking for something that's not too intimidating especially if you're just starting out with makeup.

The colors in this palette are perfect for creating an everyday, natural makeup look. Even though there are only three shades in this palette, you can actually create day to night time looks. The darkest shade is actually useful for creating a subtle smokey eye makeup when used on the outer V of your eyelids.


These eyeshadows are pretty buildable even though they're not that pigmented. But among these three eyeshadows, the bronze shade is the most pigmented one.  These are all shimmery shades but there are no big chunks of glitters on it. The shimmers are actually very subtle and well-blended in the product. When used, there is little to no fallout. 

The first eyeshadow on the top is a beigechampagne-like shade. The one on the middle is a lilac shade that has sort of a silver sheen to it. The darkest shade at the bottom is a warmbronze shade. 


The packaging is quite sturdy. It's also very small and compact, which is perfect when you're always on-the-go or when you're travelling. Even though it doesn't look like it, you can actually do a lot with this very small palette. It's also perfect for makeup beginners or teens who are just starting out with makeup. I don't think you'd like this though if you're looking for something that's really pigmented and vibrant.



I either use these eyeshadows on their own or with a primer. I usually use the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eyeshadow Primer or the Urban Decay Primer Potion

To test its longevity, I used these eyeshadows with and without primer on my eyelids. I used primer on my left eyelids and no primer on my right. I did a very easy eye makeup look when I did this test. I used the lightest shade as a highlighter on the brow bone and on the inner corners of my eyes. I then used the second shade on the middle portion of my eyelids while I used the darkest shade on the crease and outer V. I like doing this method to create a neat, simple and natural eye makeup look.

At the end this test, I found that there is actually no difference in terms of longevity whether you use a primer or not. The eye makeup look I did on both eyes lasted from morning to around late afternoon. I don't have oily eyelids but it eventually gets slightly oily as the day goes by, which is also due to the hot weather here in Manila. So I think that when you consider that, these eyeshadows lasted pretty well. 


Below are the swatches of these eyeshadows:

Lightest shade: Left - with primer | Right - no primer
Middle shade: Left - with primer | Right - no primer
Darkest shade: Left - with primer | Right - no primer


I'm not exactly sure how much my sister got this eyeshadow palette. But I checked the Boots website to find that these Trio Eye Shadow Palettes retail for £9.50. These No7 Trio Eye Shadow Palettes are not available here in Manila though. But if you're living in or going to a country that has a local Boots store then this No7 palette is definitely worth checking out.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Very good written article. It will be supportive to anyone who utilizes it, including me. Keep doing what you are doing – can’r wait to read more posts. Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette

    ReplyDelete