Shiseido Lacquer Rouge Lip Gloss in RD 501 Drama

4:43 PM

I featured this Shiseido Lacquer Rouge Lip Gloss in RD 501 Drama in my "Japan Travel: What's in My Makeup Bag" a couple of months ago here in my blog. My cousin gave this to me and I initially thought that this was a mascara because of how it looks like.



There are nine shades available for this line, mostly red, purple, pink and brown shades. The design of its packaging is very simple and minimalist. I like that the tube is very small and sleek. It's so easy to tote around in your bag too such as when you're travelling. 

The shade RD 501 Drama is a true red color that has a blue undertone to it.


This isn't your normal kind of lip gloss though. I was actually expecting it to be runny or liquidy but it isn't. The formula of this lip gloss is actually very rich. It isn't really that viscous but feels very creamy and goes on so smoothly on the lips. I'm actually impressed that it is also very moisturizing. It is comfortable to wear, as if it sinks deep into your lips and isn't just sitting on top of it. I don't even know how to explain it but it feels like it's hugging your lips!


I love how it feels on my lips even though I don't wear too much red lip products. The formula and the intensity of its color makes me like this product so much! I can even use this in creating a gradient lip look either on its own, with my MAC Studio Finish concealer or on top of my Colourpop Liquid Lipstick in Echo Park.

It has a smoothsatin finish to it that eventually goes matte throughout the day. This is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. You can just see in the pictures below how beautiful and intense the color payoff is in just one swipe



The doe foot applicator is pretty good too and makes the application much easier since the end is very slanted and its edge is slightly pointy. It doesn't have a particular scent to it which is good if you're not into scented makeup products. 





However, don't expect this to last the whole day on your lips. It is not transfer-proof but I haven't observed any bleeding outside of my lip line whenever I use this. This can last for about 3 hours on me and leaves a stain on my lips as it fades. At the second hour, it still looks good but reapplication is necessary especially on the inner portion of the lips. It fades during eating or drinking, which is somehow expected, specifically starting on the inner and center parts of the lips.


I'm not sure how much this costs here in Manila or if this line is even available here. But I checked Nordstrom and this retails for $25. I'm really interested in trying other shades from this range too. I would highly recommend this if you're on the lookout for a new lip gloss or if you happen to see it here in the local Shiseido stores. 😊


You Might Also Like

0 comments