Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer

10:00 AM

This Soap & Glory Solar Powder Bronzer is one of the products I've been wanting to try for a while now since I heard a lot of good reviews about it. So, I immediately bought this when I saw it at the Boots store in the Dubai Mall. I purchased this for about AED 80 (around P1000-1100) for 9g of product. 


I love the packaging and design of this bronzer. It's very sleek and it has a good-sized mirror inside. It has a very faint scent that I don't exactly know how to describe haha. It smells new and has that posh kind of scent to it. However, it doesn't really bother me because it's almost non-existent unless you smell it directly from the pan. 




The actual product is divided into two sections. The one on the left is the bronzer while the one on the right is a highlighter. Initially, there is an iridescent pink shimmer overspray on top of this bronzer, which is eventually brushed off as you use it over time. 


I was skeptical about this product at first because it seemed too light for my skin tone. Over time, I discovered that it gives a very natural, sun-kissed look to your face, especially on top of foundation. Those who prefer natural makeup looks would really enjoy this product because it still gives a subtle definition and warmth to the skin. Thankfully, this bronzer doesn't make my skin look orange. I think this would suit those with fair or light medium skin tones more. 


The highlighter is quite good too. It is matte but when you look closely at it, it has minute shimmers on it. I think that's the reason why it gives a very nice, subtle sheen when used solely as a highlighter. Although I use these two separately, when swirled together it gives a subtle, glowy warmth to the face.


It was hard to make the swatches show in the pictures so I really thought of not including them anymore. Nevertheless, here are the swatches:

  
Bronzer (Left) and Highlighter (Right).

Here's a much closer look! As you can see, these are both very subtle even when swatched multiple times:

Highlighter (Left) and Bronzer (Right).


I still like my NARS Laguna bronzer more than this but I really enjoy using this bronzer lately, especially for natural makeup looks. It's pretty expensive for a drugstore bronzer but since I've been using this so much lately, I don't feel too guilty about it at all. 😅

You Might Also Like

0 comments