Singapore Travelogue Day 1: Orchard Road

4:00 PM

It's been such a long time since my last post. I have been busy with a lot of things including graduate school, work and with life, in general, that is why I haven't had the chance to keep up with my travelogues (which at this point causing me a serious backlog haha). But due to the recent events happening all over the world that have seriously affected not just people's lives but even wrecked the hopes and dreams of some, I have been privileged enough to be staying and working at home, and to having the time to pursue this blog again along with other things. 

I know that these travelogues are overdue already but I still wanted to share these snaps and memories that I've taken during our travel. I've even attempted vlogging during this trip but it was an epic fail as all the footages were too shaky and, to be honest, I wasn't really good at it (haha).

I really hope that wherever you are right now, you and your family are all safe and well. Hope you enjoy this simple and short trip down memory lane to Singapore in December of 2016, and that it would somehow entertain you and take your mind off all the worry and anxiety, even just for a little while.

First stop, McDo at Changi Airport. This is a random picture of what I ate as soon as my mom and I arrived at the airport and before we headed to our hotel. I ate this chicken sausage breakfast wrap (which was soo good, imo. Wish we have this here in Manila although McDo in Singapore is really expensive, to be perfectly honest) and a smoothie (which I think was the mango/pineapple one) to replenish my energy from the short but sweet three and a half hour flight.

The view from our hotel. We stayed at the Value Hotel Thomson during this trip which is located at the Balestier Road, Novena. I love the fact that there are a lot of Hawker Centres in Singapore when you want food that is homey and authentic. Good thing there was one near our place!
We rested for a bit before officially heading out for our first day here. We met up with my brother at the hotel, since he arrived a few weeks earlier than us here in Singapore, then we headed out to eat and to go where all the fancy things are (just to window shop lol).

First day of our trip here in Singapore consisted of mall hopping haha! For Day 1, we just went from one mall to another, mainly strolling along Orchard road. We've been to Singapore a couple of times before so we didn't want to visit any more touristy sights. Don't get me wrong, we loved the tourist places here but we wanted to do something different this time. So, mall hopping (lol), which sounds boring but very relaxing even if you're not buying anything haha.
Our first stop once out of our hotel was none other than Orchard road. It's much more fun to walk around the city during this time because it is so festive and it feels much more alive since the streets are busier and the malls are much more swamped with people shopping gifts and buying fancy things.

Random photos of Christmas decors. The one on top were the festive decors inside Marina Square Mall. The one below was in Wheelock Place along Orchard Road. 
And of course, wouldn't end the day without some OOTD haha! I was wearing something comfortable this day because I wanted to make sure that I could move with ease with all the walking and strolling that we're going to tackle.


The gray bag is an old one from ZARA, shoes are from PAYLESS, top is from TERRANOVA, and the jeans are from LEVI'S


And that's it for my Singapore Travelogue Day 1. I just realized that I didn't have much pictures during this whole trip (which is very unlike me). I thought of including day 2 here but I had more photos for that day, which would end up making this post look like a photo dump haha! Still hope you enjoyed this very short and random post though. Stay tuned for the next four days of this travelogue! 😊


You Might Also Like

0 comments