Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tints (Renewed)

3:00 PM


I've decided to take a break from my Travelogue and Organization posts, which you can check out HERE and HERE, and decided to instead post a mini makeup haul! For today's post, the spotlight would be on the renewed Etude House Dear Darling Tints that I recently bought online since I've been eyeing these for quite a while now.

I didn't buy all the shades since I have a general rule now where I only buy what I really need or what I would really use. I've recently decluttered my room, including my makeup collection, so I'm very particular and intentional on buying new makeup now relative to before (hehe).

The only things that I bought recently are those which I've been eyeing to review or try for months (even years lol) now. But apart from that, I've decided to keep myself from spending too much. However, lip tints are another story. I don't mind buying too much even if the shades are a bit similar (I'm contradicting myself, aren't I?). 

Am I the only one who does this? Haha, seriously I need help! 😂



Lately, I've been into lip tints again so my liquid lipsticks and lipsticks haven't really seen the light of day. I bought these Etude House Dear Darling Lip Tints a few days ago. I came across these tints when I was browsing online and I've seen a lot purchasing these so I was encouraged to buy for me self haha (I just said that I was holding back lol). 

These were really affordable as if you bought them directly from Korea. I purchased these tints for only P125 except for one shade which I got for P135. You can find the specific prices of the shades and the link to the shop where I bought these at the end of this post.


I've bought a few tints from Etude House when I went to Korea before so I think the price is fairly realistic (even though it might seem too good to be true haha). I think I got the Etude House Dear Darling Water Tints at Incheon International Airport before for only P160 per bottle. 

I haven't reviewed those yet so I think I might post one for that soon. I'm also thinking of posting my lip tint collection here. If you think I should, then go ahead and hit that heart eyes emoticon at the end of this post!

 

The old packaging has the dainty cap but with this renewed version, it's just a plain one. These lip tints are sealed with a sticker which is ripped into half when you twist the cap for the first time. Similar with other Etude House lip tints, the shade names and other info are written on that sticker.


I bought four shades: one reddish tint, one pinkish tint and two MLBB/rose hued tints.


I got the following swatches from the online shop where I bought these lip tints, which I also think are the official swatches from Etude House. I've also included pictures I took of the shade names from the actual tubes below.


These are the shades that I got:



- PK002 Plum Red -



 - PK003 Sweet Potato Red -



- RD302 Dracula Red -



- RD305 Jujube Red -


Out of all these shades, I was most excited to try PK003 Sweet Potato Red and RD302 Dracula Red!

I've also included a picture of the doe foot applicator and wand below. The doe foot applicator is a bit slanted and the tip is a bit sharp, which is good in terms of ease in application for the edges of the lips. 


It's also a bit fluffy (but not overly fluffy) so it still feels soft on the lips.


These tints taste so good too! These do not only smell like grape juice but they actually taste like so! The scent actually reminds me of Kool-aid Grape Juice haha! In my experience, Etude House lip tints always taste nice hehe.

These are the actual swatches of the tints. It's been gloomy lately due to the weather so it was difficult to get good shots. I tried my best so I hope it gives a bit of an idea on what these tints really look like and even if these were not swatched on my arms. 

They appear a little bit darker but the shades are as follows: PK002 Plum Red, PK003 Sweet Potato Red, RD302 Dracula Red and RD305 Jujube Red.

Update: Here are more swatches of these Etude House Dear Darling Tints. 💖


As with any other tints, they don't really last that long on the lips specifically PK003 Sweet Potato Red and RD305 Jujube Red (both used full on), which are both MLBB/rose hued. They still leave a nice MLBB tint on the lips as they fade. However, the tint these leave on the lips do not last that long too so you would need to reapply compared to when you're using the darker shades. 

PK002 Plum Red and RD302 Dracula Red, which are the darker shades, were more impressive in terms of longevity when used full on. Without eating heavy or oily food, these lasted for about 3 to 5 hours on my lips. These also leave a much more vivid tint on the lips as it fades relative to the lighter shades which is expected.

In my experience, the best tint in terms of color and longevity would still be the Mistine Dream Lip Tints that I bought in Thailand way back. Those are still my favorite lip tints ever!! I bought a back up and I still have some left so I'm safe for now haha. I might do a separate review of those tints and even include them if I push through with my lip tint collection

Buuuut, these Etude House Dear Darling Lip tints are still a good buy for the price and quality! I don't really mind reapplying so if that doesn't bother you as well then these will be worth buying and trying!


You can buy these tints HERE and the prices are as follows:  

  • PK002 Plum Red: P135
  • PK003 Sweet Potato Red: P125 on sale (regular price is also P135)
  • RD302 Dracula Red: P125 on sale (regular price is also P135)
  • RD305 Jujube Red: P125 on sale (regular price is also P135)

You Might Also Like

0 comments