Singapore Travelogue Day 5: Singapore Chinatown

10:00 AM

Hello, welcome back to my Singapore Travelogue! If you haven't seen my previous posts, you can check out the Day 1 of my Travelogue here!

For the last day of our mini Singapore travel, we visited Chinatown since we also haven't visited this place before. We just wanted to see what was here since it is also one the recommended places to visit and when you're in Singapore. 

When we arrived, there was a lot of people - tourists and locals alike. The streets were a little bit cramped since it rained quite a bit. I think we arrived here by taxi around 10am. Good thing it didn't turn into an actual downpour because we didn't have any umbrella with us. Also, it would be such a downer if we wouldn't be able to stroll around Chinatown if it rained hard. 

Chinatown after the rain... Everything was damped, even the Chinese lanterns that were hanging all over the streets.



And because we went here mid-morning, we decided to have lunch here instead heading somewhere else. We ate here at the Chinatown Seafood Restaurant. I ordered this fizzy Italian soda drink too! The food here is pretty good! You should come visit here if ever you visit Singapore and drop by Chinatown.




We didn't pass up on the chance to eat the famous ice cream sandwich again, which we always buy when we visit Singapore hehe! I ordered my favorite -Tutti Frutti. You can see a lot of these ice cream sandwiches in the streets of Singapore. So when you see one, you should go ahead and try it because you won't regret it haha!

Aaaand that's it for my Singapore Travelogue 2016! Thanks for viewing this travelogue even though there's really nothing much to see (and even if this post is very much overdue already hahaha). Even though I didn't had a lot of snaps and touristy things to do during this trip, it still made me nostalgic since I was reminded of the fun memories that happened.

Travelling is really fun especially when you're with people that you love. However, given our current circumstance, I know a lot of people have postponed their travels and have even missed travelling, overall. But, we should still be thankful due to the fact that we can all be safe and well even if we miss out on these things for now. We can always travel in the future and we can always have parties, gatherings and other social things. But for now, let's stay put and do our part in making sure that we and the people around us are safe!

I hope you are all well and safe wherever you are right now during this time of crisis. I really hope and pray that we'll all rise above this and come out stronger! Stay safe and take care! 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments