Romand Zero Velvet Tints in #04 Burnt Heart & #18 Petal Tassel

4:16 PM

Hello and Happy New Year everyone! I've been missing in action for quite some time now but hope everyone is having a wonderful January so far! 😁

I’ve seen this Korean makeup brand, Romand, countless times on Youtube and on Instagram. Many rave about their lip products that’s why I wanted to test it out to see for myself. So to start the year off, I'll be reviewing these new lip tints I purchased from Romand. You can only get this online for the time being as they don’t have any physical stores here yet. But read on to find out why I found that it’s definitely worth the wait. 


The Romand lip products that I purchased are called the Zero Velvet Tints. True to its name, it's not your ordinary lip tint as they have a mousse type texture that leaves a velvety, soft finish as it dries. I was actually a bit confused since these feel more like a liquid lipstick compared to how regular lip tints I'm used to would. It feels slightly like it’s sitting on top of your lips - not in a bothersome way - which makes it not transfer-proof. 


There is a slight floral fragrance and taste to it. Not too strong and bothersome as it doesn't linger. However, if you’re looking for lip tints with great longevity then this won’t be your cup of tea.


The applicator is something new for me as well. It’s quite longer, more tapered and flatter at the end than what I’m used to. The tip is quite sharp which helps apply the product well enough.

 

The two shades I purchased are #04 Burnt Heart and #18 Petal Tassel. Some of their bestsellers based on what I've seen that are usually out of stock are the shades #16 Burny Nude and #17 Toasty Nude. I was really eyeing #14 Pecan Tarte and #16 Burny Nude but thought that the former was too dark for my current preference while the latter was already sold out.


Burntheart was love at first swipe and I didn't think it would be. The formula is very comfortable even though I didn’t think I’d like it at first because I was expecting it to be more mauve-y. But I still found the color very flattering on me so I was really happy about that. This is a reddish brown lip tint, which is the kind of shade that I think would look good on many skin tones. This shade got me really hooked at first swipe. 


Initially, I purchased Pecan Tart and Petal Tassel but my order got canceled. I then reevaluated the shades I chose and, as I've said earlier, found Pecan Tarte quite dark for my liking. I ended up buying Burnt Heart and Petal Tassel instead and I'm not regretting it in any way.


Petal Tassel is the perfect everyday, MLBB shade. This is a winner for me because the shade is mauve-y and, which you already know by now if you've been reading this blog for quite a while, is one of my fave shades of lip product. At first swipe it looks a bit light (as can also be seen on official swatches of Romand) on the lips but it oxides into a mauve-y, rose color. It is also very comfortable to wear but I find that I need to moisturize my lips well enough first to prevent it from accentuating any lines. 

UPDATE: Here are more swatches of these Romand Velvet Tints.

I love the velvet finish of these - something new and fun compared to regular lip tints I've tried in the past. I also like the fact that you can use it full on or for creating a gradient lip look. I find though that these appear darker on arm swatches than it would when applied on the lips so it was a bit trickier to swatch and show you.

I purchased mine HERE where the Zero Velvet Tints #1-17, including #04 Burnt Heart, are P395 each while #18-21, including #18 Petal Tassel, are P399 each. I've also seen their official shop in Shopee HERE, if you want to check it out although I haven't tried buying from them yet. The official store sells it at a much more affordable price but I was still able to buy mine cheaper because of vouchers and free shipping.



What's your most recent makeup brand or product discovery? Have you tried the Romand Velvet Tints yet? 😊


You Might Also Like

0 comments