Colourpop Haul (July 2016)

1:27 PM


A few months ago, one of my friends asked if I wanted anything from Colourpop since she was planning on purchasing directly from US. I've tried one of their matte liquid lipsticks in the shade Bad Habit before, which I featured here. I really liked it but I wanted to try other shades that are much more wearable for daytime. I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to since it's quite dark. So when my friend asked, I just couldn't say no haha!


I got two Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks, one Ultra Satin Liquid Lipstick and two Lippie Stix



For the Lippie Stix, I purchased the shades Lumiere and Back Up. I wanted to try Lumiere because it looks really nice and wearable based on online swatches, and since it's a Colourpop x KathleenLights collab. 


Back Up was a last minute choice because I was influenced by another friend who was going to buy it. It also looks really nice on online swatches I've seen although it turned out to be much darker in person.


These Lippie Stix are so easy to apply and feel very lightweight on the lips. 


They're are both matte but are not really transfer-proof. 


I've been wearing Lumiere loads the past few weeks and I find that it lasts about 3-5 hours on me with eating and drinking.


Lumiere is an MLBB, rosy brown shade while Back Up is a vampy berry shade. Back Up reminds me of the Maybelline Colorsensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in 681 Vibrant Violet in terms of texture and feel on the lips.

Lumiere (Left) and Back Up (Right)

Lumiere (Left) and Back Up (Right)


For the liquid lipsticks, I purchased Lumiere 2 (Ultra Matte), Solow (Ultra Matte) and Echo Park (Ultra Satin).


These liquid lipsticks have a very lightweight formula. I like the Ultra Satin Liquid Lipsticks more than the Ultra Matte ones because the formula is much more forgiving and comfortableOut of these three, Echo Park dries and settles the fastest. 


Echo Park has a mousse-like formula which is different from the matte ones which are more watery. Although the matte ones last longer on the lips, they're not entirely transfer-proof which is a bit disappointing. The matte ones last about 4-6 hours with eating and drinking while the satin one lasts about 3-5 hours

I think Colourpop changed their doe foot applicator because they look much bigger and fluffier now compared to the one that came with Bad Habit. I'm not sure why but I didn't really have any issues with the old one.


I didn't think that Echo Park would look good on me because it looked too peachy. But, surprisingly, this worked perfectly for my skin tone. 

Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Echo Park.

I also didn't expect to like Lumiere 2 but the color is really gorgeous and unique. This can be a little too much for daytime wear but I still enjoy using this - even more than Bad Habit. Solow is a gorgeous muted pink shade but I didn't really like it because the formula is drying. The color is very gorgeous but it settles on the lines of the lips which is really unflattering.

Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick Lumiere 2 (Left) 
and Solow (Right).

Overall, I'm so happy with this haul but I think my favorite ones would have to be Echo Park and Lumiere 2. These were purchased directly from the US, through my friend's uncle, so they're way cheaper. I think the Liquid Lipsticks were about P300 each while the Lippie Stix were around P250 each. 

Colourpop isn't available in Manila yet but you can purchase them either directly from their site or through various online shops.

You Might Also Like

0 comments