August 2016 Favorites

10:30 AM

It's already halfway through the year and I just can't believe where all the time went! It's really true what they say, that time seems faster as you get older haha! When I was a kid, I felt like each day, each month and each year seemed too long. But now, I feel like 24 hours and 7 days a week is very much insufficient. It feels like it was just yesterday when I went to college and then graduated. It seems like now, a day goes by too fast and it feels like I'm running out of time chasing after things and opportunities. Anyway, the important thing is (and I always try to remind myself this) that you make every moment count, learn to number your days and make it meaningful by spending it in pursuing your purpose in life. 

Anyhoo, back to what this post is really about hehe. I'll be sharing my August 2016 Favorites today! There are only a few items but I hope you still find it useful and informative if ever something piques your interest. 




MAKEUP ITEMS:

For lips, I've enjoyed the Nature Republic Tint in 03 Orange (reviewed here) and used this so much especially during the start of August. This gives a youthful look (as with any other tints) and is so easy to use. I also love the fact that it helps brighten up your face and that you can wear this on days when you're too lazy to put anything on.


I've swatched this tint below and it gives you a very nice, true orange kind of shade.


These two lip products are what you'll most probably see me wearing in most of my pictures this August. I've been loving Snow (and also Snapchat), which my friend introduced me to, so I've been taking a lot of selfies with cute filters hehe. So most of the time, these two lip products are what I've been wearing. The liquid lipstick is the Colourpop Ultra Matte Liquid Lipstick in Lumiere 2 while the other one is their Lippie Stix in Lumiere.


Both of these are from the Colourpop x KathleenLights collaboration. These are so gorgeous on the lips! I highly recommend checking them out. I'll be posting a review of my mini Colourpop haul (which is so long overdue) soon so stay tuned! 


For eyes, I've been enjoying these two blushes as eyeshadows! Haha! I've been into Korean makeup looks lately, especially peach toned ones, so I've experimented with these two products. Surprisingly, they look lovely on the eyes! Both give a very naturalfresh and brighter look.

This Elf Blush in Peachy Keen is so gorgeous on the eyes. This is a shimmery blush that swatches lightly but you can still build it up for more intensity. The shimmers in it are so smooth and not chunky at all so it still looks very natural on the eyes. I love that it adds a subtle glowy, shimmery look on your eyelids without being overboard. Really ideal for everyday wear




I bought this Sleek Blush by 3 Palette in Lace, which has three blushes inside, a couple of months ago and I featured it here. I've used this on my cheeks a few times already but I also loved it on my eyelids. It's perfect for creating a subtle, peachy eye makeup look that is also perfect for everyday wear. I usually just use either of the two matte shades, on their own or together (the lighter shade all across my eyelid while the darker on my crease), depending on my mood. The shimmery shade in the middle also looks good as an eyeshadow.






NON-MAKEUP ITEMS:

I've been curious on how effective and efficient bent eyeliner brushes are for applying gel eyeliners. I think I saw Sam of Pixiwoo use one. I got curious and I remembered that I have a BK nail art bent brush that looks exactly like a bent eyeliner brush (only smaller). Don't worry, this is brand new and I haven't used it for any nail art yet hahaha!


I've had this brush tucked inside my nail polish kit because I still can't seriously find any use for it. It seemed useless until I realized that I could try using it with my gel liner. Surprisingly, this worked well enough! It may not be the best because the bristles are softer compared to that of an actual bent eyeliner brush but it does the job pretty well. It made me love applying gel liner again because it makes it easier and faster to do so! I'm now contemplating on buying a real bent liner brush though haha!


I have one pair of earrings and a watch that I've been loving since August. This short stars ear crawlers are from this new Korean Accessories store called N.Cat. I bought this for only P48, along with a pair of gold line earrings (not in the picture). This is so cute and it also comes in red but I liked this one much more.


My Dad bought me this Timex watch last month and I've been using this so much!! I didn't want to buy another watch anymore because I already have enough and most of them I haven't even worn as much. I felt like it would just be a waste to buy a new one. But as soon as I saw this, I fell head over heels in love and I couldn't let it go haha! I was contemplating between getting this or the gold one with pink strap. But the latter seemed too girly so I chose this one instead. I'm glad I chose this because you can wear and style it with many outfits.





TV SERIES/WEBTOON:

I started including this category last month because I've been enjoying watching TV series and reading Webtoons again. This month, I've enjoyed reading two Webtoons. One is still ongoing while the other one is already completed. 

The first one is Orange Marmalade. I didn't think I would like this at first because it involves Vampires. I'm not a fan of Vampire-themed shows or stories but you will see a theme going on here later hehe. But the story and the way this was drawn and presented is really good! No wonder it was adapted into a Korean drama. 

Image obtained from: https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=26312

The next one also involves Vampires. There you go, Vampire themed Webtoons haha! I also thought that I wouldn't like this one but I gave it a chance and I'm so glad I did because it is really good! It is very entertaining and funny! This series is called, Untouchable, and if you start reading this you'll understand why that is the title of this Webtoon. Love it and I can't wait for the next chapters because it is still ongoing!! This makes me so impatient, I can't wait for more nakakakilig moments haha!

Image obtained from: https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=108721

That's it for my August 2016 Favorites! Hope you had a wonderful time last month, and here's to more fun and exciting months ahead! There are only a few months left by now but don't fret! Just enjoy and live the moment! See you in my next blog post. 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments