Maybelline Colorsensational Creamy Matte Lipstick in 681 Vibrant Violet

6:19 PM

I purchased this lipstick from Maybelline a couple of months ago, before we left for our Japan Trip. I felt like this was a unique and perfect shade to wear during springtime in Tokyo. This lipstick, in the shade 681 Vibrant Violet, is from the Maybelline Colorsensational Creamy Matte range. I also mentioned this product in my "What's in My Makeup Bag" post here


There are a ton of good reviews about the Creamy Matte range so I was really glad when they finally brought it here in Manila. The first one I purchased from this range is the shade Lust for Blush which I also reviewed here


The packaging of this lipstick is really nice, sleek and sturdy. Its has the usual Maybelline lipstick design but the cap is different since it's frosted and the color of the tube is dark brown with a hint of purple.



This lipstick is a straight up violet shade - my favorite color and the reason why I was drawn to it. True enough, similar to Lust for Blush, this is also matte but very creamy and forgiving on the lips. The only thing I've noticed, particularly with Lust for Blush, is that some parts melted at the bottom part so it's a bit wonky already. So, just to be safe, whenever I use these lipsticks I only twist them up a bit.



This shade leaves a very bright pink stain as it wears off so I figured that I can also use this to create a gradient lip look. So I've been using this so much lately to create a stain just on the center of my lips. I love doing this because it lasts much longer compared to lip tints out there. It can even last a meal at times!



I love everything about this lipstick and I'm excited to try the nude shades next. Another good thing about this is that even though it's a very bright shade it doesn't crawl out of your lip line so you can use this even without a primer or lip pencil underneath. When used full on, this can last a decent amount of time but fades after eating, which is kind of expected, due to its formula. 


I just wish that this would have a much longer wear time but other than that, this is something good to try that I'm sure you won't regret buying! 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments