October Favorites 2016

1:00 PM


October was such a blast! There were a lot of things that happened during this month including my birthday! I'm not keen with having "big" celebrations anymore unlike when I was younger. I don't know why but I guess that's what really happens as you grow older. You begin to prefer simple celebrations with the people that you truly care about and who feel the same about you. Anyway, onto my October 2016 Favorites! I only have a few things to show you that I was very much into this month.


The first one is this The Face Shop's Watery Tint in 01 Pink Bella. This was one of the birthday gifts that I received from my friends.


At first, I was skeptical how this would work as a tint because of its very bright and opaque pink color but I was really blown away when I used this. It appears very bright and opaque when you apply it but it turns into a very gorgeous just-bitten kind of pink color on the lips when you spread and blend it out.  I also love the fact that it is very affordable and that it lasts almost the whole day on my lips! :)



Next one is this Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Gel Mascara in 01 blondy brows, which is supposedly a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow Eyebrow Gel.


I heard so many good reviews about this product so I was so happy when I found out that this is finally here in Manila. I don't know how long this has already been in the shelves of Essence counters but I bought this around the last week of September. I picked up the shade 01 blondy brows since the second shade wasn't available. This is a very light taupe-y brown shade but it works perfectly fine for me even though my brows are very dark and thick since it helps lighten its color. It also works perfectly well with my ashy brown hair color at the moment. This product also helps tame wayward eyebrow hairs and put them back in place.  I think I got this for only P199 since it was on sale but its original price is actually P249.75.

This next product was included in my "Mini Daiso Haul" post here. I didn't think that I would like this eyebrow pencil but it turned out to be pretty good.


This is one of the eyebrow pencils you can get from Daiso. I wasn't really a fan of using pencils or powders before since I felt that they made my brows much bigger and thicker (in a negative way) since they're already pretty thick to begin with. I'd only used tinted brow gels before so I could tame and change my brows' color depending on my actual hair color. But when I heard good reviews about this product, I bought it and began to apply it only on areas that I think needed it.


I learned how to apply them only on sparse areas and I liked how it looked after- much neater and more tame. At this moment, I'm still into this product and I always find myself reaching for it.



I love the fact that this is available locally at any Daiso stores and it is only P88! Such a steal! Bonus brownie points for its longevity since it lasts almost the whole day on me!

I've had this next product for a while now and I bought this during the time I was obsessed with finding dupes for high end blushes. This blush from Elf in Pink Passion is said to be a dupe for NARS Desire.


I've recently purchased my own NARS Desire blush (included in a palette in this post) and I can really say that it is a perfect dupe for it! Surprisingly, I find myself much more drawn to this Elf blush because it gives a much more natural glowy pink color on my cheeks that brightens up the face compared to the NARS one.


The other good thing about this product is that it is only P249.75 in various Elf counters here in Manila. It's way, way cheaper than the NARS blush in Desire. 

Lastly, this next product was featured here in my blog for about two times already here and here. I'm bringing it back as a favorite for the month of October because I've enjoyed using this product again but in a different way. This Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in Vibrant Violet is a straight up, unpretentious violet shade. Basically, what you see is what you get.




Through out the months of using this, I discovered that it leaves a gorgeous bright, pink stain on the lips as it fades. I then started using this as a tint to create a Korean gradiation lip look.



I do this by applying a couple of swipes and immediately wiping it off to leave that pink stain that is hidden underneath the violet color. It lasts a couple of hours as well, better than other tints on the market haha!


That's it for my October favorites! How about you? What products have you discovered and enjoyed for the month of October? :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments