Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Spiky Rose

1:00 PM



I've always felt intimidated by bold red lipsticks because, whenever I wear one, I always feel like it's too much and very over the top. I'm also into natural makeup looks lately so unless it's a red tint I'd usually pass up. However, I found that this Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited Lipstick in Spiky Rose is the perfect product to help me overcome my fear of red lipsticks haha! 


It is my go-to red lipstick these days whenever I want to wear something red that isn't too bold or striking. It is actually more like a tinted balm than it is an actual lipstick, which is why I think it's easier to wear. I purchased this at the Shu Uemura store in Trinoma for P1250.


The tube of this lipstick is actually very cute! I don't know why but it reminds me of spaceships and UFOs hahaha! Maybe its because of the shape and color of the tube.



I've swatched this lipstick below and, as you can see, it is a very gorgeous red pink shade that is suitable for everyday wear. At first, I was very hesitant to get this shade because it looks very red from tube. But I find this easier to pull off because it's not your typical full-onbold red lipstick that is very intimidating. There is a hint of pink tint to it which is another reason why I find this much more wearable

This lipstick is very sheer and it actually feels like you're just applying lip balm on your lips. It gives a very juicyluscious look to the lips because of its balmy formula. Because of that, it's perfect for creating a natural or "no makeup" makeup look. This is also a good option for those still trying to get comfortable and used to red shades of lipstick. 

I didn't really expect this to last the entire day due to its balmy texture and formula. This lasts for about 1-2 hours only before I feel the need to reapply. It also leaves a slight red stain on your lips as it wears off. 


Those who want to venture into bold red lipsticks but are still too scared to do so may find this kind of red shade perfect to start with. It will still give you that hint of red that is much easier and more comfortable to wear until you're ready to transition to bolder and brighter ones.


If you're looking for an affordable dupe, I think the Etude House Apricot Stick in 08 Cherry is a good one. It's not exactly a color dupe but is very similar to the Shu Uemura one in terms of texture and formula

Here's a sneak peak of the side by side swatches of these two lip products. I'm also planning to do a review of this Etude House Apricot Stick in one of my next entries so stay tuned for that! 😊

Shu Uemura Spiky Rose (Left) and Etude House 
Apricot Stick in 08 Cherry (Right).

You Might Also Like

0 comments