2016 Favorites

11:18 AM


2016 felt like a breeze! It was so fast that I felt like I was always running out of time haha. Nevertheless, 2016 was definitely a good year! There were a lot of lessons, adventures and memories that the last year brought me that I will surely value and treasure for the rest of my life.

When it comes to beauty products, there were also a lot of new things that I discovered and got to try last year. I recently went back to all my 2016 favorites posts to see which of those products I actually used and liked the most. You may have seen these products already and I know at times I usually post them again and again haha. That just goes to show how much I use these products and how much I want to make the most out of them.

Anyway, here are my top favorite products from 2016.
  • SKINCARE

I've used this Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray so much last year ever since my mom gave me one from her stash. Until now, this is is my go-to water spray and I use this mostly to dampen my Real Techniques sponge when applying foundation, CC or BB cream. I also use this to moisturize my dry face and also for relieving itchy areas of my body.


I also discovered this Avene Light Hydrating cream last year when it was given as a free sample when my mom stocked up on their products. This is so good! It's not very thick and heavy but it is so effective on removing dry, patchy areas on my face that their other moisturizer (Cleanance Emulsion-Lotion) can't do. I mainly use this in the morning since it has SPF on it.


I haven't stocked up on the Biore Micellar Water again but it's definitely one of my favorite products of 2016. I used it so much last year because it was so good in removing makeup from my face. I even used it after I wash my face in the morning or at night. I'm currently using a different micellar water at the moment, which is the one from Garnier, but this Biore one will always have a special place in my vanity.

  • HAIR PRODUCTS
There are only two products included in the hair catergory. The first one is the Organix/OGX Argan Oil of Morocco. This is really good! I got this from a set way back and I've used this so much last year. Aside from smelling so good, this works very well in taming and moisturizing my hair.


The other product, which is a late discovery for me, is this CO LAB Dry shampoo. I've tried other dry shampoos before but this is the best one so far! Other brands of the spray type usually leave a white residue on the hair that is so hard to remove while powder ones are sometimes a bit too difficult to apply because it scatters all over the place and you really have to blend it out well. However, this dry shampoo from CO LAB doesn't leave any white residue and it's very easy to use as well. It doesn't make my hair sticky or stiff even if I use loads of this.

  • MAKEUP

  FACE:

There are only two products that I've used consistently last year. These are the LA Girl BB cream and Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream. I didn't like these two at first but after using them for quite a while, I eventually learned to like them.

I sometimes use the LA Girl BB cream on its own as a primer. I love that it minimizes and hides my pores. It's also so good for "no makeup makeup look" days. However, out of the two, I like the Bourjois one more. This CC cream is really good because it gives a very dewy, natural flawless finish! It can be a bit drying so I always apply this with a damp makeup sponge.


For concealer, nothing beats this NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer for me. I love this product because it is not drying to use and it conceals my dark circles very well!



  EYES/EYEBROWS:

This Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara has been my go-to mascara last year. I love that it separates and coats each strand to make it look much longer and thicker. However, don't expect too much volume with this mascara unless you use loads of this on your lashes.



For eyebrow products, only two products have been my go-to last year. I loved using this Essence Make Me Brow Mascara to tame, tint and add volume to sparse areas of my brows. This is said to be a dupe for Benefit's Gimme Brow since it also has fibers on it that adds volume to your brows. The other product is this eyebrow pencil from Daiso. Aside from the fact that this is very affordable, it's so easy to use and does the job pretty well!


  CHEEKS:

This blush is a no brainer kind of blush for me. When I don't want to look too made up or when I don't know which blush to wear, I'd usually go for this blush from Essence. This works well with different looks and it's so good for everyday wear. I also love the fact that this is very cheap for 5g of product.





  LIPS:



For the lips, I used these Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks so much last year. I learned that I love the satin formula more than the matte because they're more forgiving on the lips. I find the satin ones are more comfortable to wear. My favorite ones are Lumiere 2, Echo Park, Dopey and Alyssa. Lumiere 2 is the only matte liquid lipstick out of this bunch.





On days when I don't want to wear lipstick or liquid lipsticks, I'd usually go for these lip tints from The Face Shop. I have a pink shade and a red one. I wore these tints all the time ever since I received them as part of my friends' birthday gifts to me. Aside from the cute package and being very affordable, I love that they're so easy to use and very comfortable to wear.




That's it for my 2016 Favorites! So excited to try new products this 2017. Hope you enjoyed this post and for much more in depth review of these products, check out my 2016 monthly favorites posts here in my blog. 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments