Local Glossier Cloud Paint Dupes

8:30 PM

I took a break from my #ProductiveMonday series for now but I'm back today with a  review of local dupes for the Glossier Cloud Paint! 😁

The Cloud Paints are gel-cream blush paints that Glossier released three years ago. I'm sure that you've heard about these blushes, which look like water color paints, since a lot of people have been raving about this product ever since it was released. 

The first blush paint I've tried though is the Etude House Water Color Blush which I did a review on here. I'm not sure if this is still available but I'm eyeing a similar one from the Korean makeup brand, I'm Meme, which are called Pep! Balms


The Glossier one is quite expensive so I was very excited to find something similar from local makeup brands that are way more affordable - nothing over P200! The blush paints I'll be reviewing today are the only ones I've tried so far from a wide range of local options. 

I only purchased one shade from each brand - the ones I really liked and will most likely still keep using after this review. I'm very particular now when it comes to purchasing makeup products because I don't want to just mindlessly accumulate stuff anymore.

It's actually funny that most of these shades look similar to the Glossier ones just by basing on online swatches. I'm really glad that we have a lot of choices now when it comes to local makeup - thanks to all the brands who have been coming up with new and exciting products!

Here's a quick overview if you haven't seen my review yet of the Glossier Cloud Paint in the shade Puff:

- It is a gel-cream blush paint.

- This shade gives a peachy pink flush to the cheeks.

- It is easy to use.

- It is pigmented.

- It is buildable.

- It has no distinct or bothersome scent.

- It usually lasts around 5 hours on me.

- It is cruelty-free.



Scroll down to see the review of these dupes! 😊






Vice Cosmetics Cheeky Blush in Everyday Nude



Everyday Nude gives a natural, sun-kissed flush - like you've been to the beach.

- Based on online swatches, I think this is a good dupe for the Glossier Cloud Paint in Dusk, which is 

  why I bought it in the first place.

- It's very easy to use and work with.

- This has a creamy texture. It's a bit watery (but not runny) compared to the Glossier Cloud Paint.

- I don't like using this for the lips though because it feels like it's just sitting on top.

- This has a dewy finish similar to Glossier.

- It has a chocolate scent.

Packaging is fun and cute especially if you're a BTS Army! 💜

- Usually lasts about 3 hours only before I feel the need to reapply.

There are 4 shades Perfect Peach: bright orange, Playful Pink: bright pink, Everyday Nude: nude 

   brown & Sheer Plum: Plum.

- The other shades were either too dark or too bright for my liking so I really hope they release more          neutral, wearable shades in the future.

- These Cheeky Blushes are priced at P195 each for 8ml of product.



✨The Cheeky Blush is perfect for those who are just starting out with makeup. It's very easy to use and apply. The packaging is also really cute! It's not very long-lasting but if you don't mind reapplying then this is still a good option to try. 


_____________________________________________________________________________________



EB Advance Power Paint Multi-Use Color Cream in Chiffon



- The shade Chiffon gives a very pretty, after workout kind of flush.

- I was kind of expecting for this to be more pink or mauve-y based on online swatches but it's actually 

  a reddish brown shade when swatched.

- It has a mousse-like texture.

- I find that it's a little bit hard to work with because it's quite thick and it sets really quickly.

- This is really, and I mean reallypigmented! A little goes a veeery long way!

- This shade looks so gorgeous on the lips!

- This has a matte finish.

- It has a chocolate scent.

- It's convenient that the shade name and actual color is printed on the tube.

- I don't really mind but I wish the design and packaging wasn't so similar to Glossier's. I also think that 

  it would be alright even if it was just sealed and there's no box packaging so that there'll be less waste.

- This is really long-lasting! It lasted about 7 hours on me before I had to take it off to get ready for bed. 

  Some parts have already faded by this time but it's still mostly there.

- There are 4 shades - Chiffon, Sangria, Amber & Scarlet. I wish there's more variety of shades though.

- These Power Paints are priced at P199 each for 11g of product.



✨If you're after longevity, pigmentation and more sun-kissed type of blushers then this is a good option for you. 


_____________________________________________________________________________________



Pretty Secret Lip & Cheek Soft Glow in Warm Blush



Warm Blush is a peachy nude shade, perfect for everyday wear.

- Based only on swatches online, this shade reminds me of the Glossier Cloud Paint in Beam.

- The texture is, surprisingly, quite similar to that of Glossier but just a little bit more liquid-y.

- This is very easy to use and work with.

- It's also pigmented.

- I also don't like using this for the lips because it feels like it's just sitting on top. The shade is too light 

  for my lips too.

- This has a dewy finish.

- It has a floral scent. I'm not a fan of the scent but I'm also not that bothered by it.

- Packaging is just simple but I like that there's a shade name and that the color printed on the tube is 

  similar to its actual shade

- This usually lasts around 3 hours on me.

- There are 3 shades - Warm Blush: peachy nude, Cool Pink: bright pink & Vibrant Peach: bright orange

- These Soft Glow Tints are priced at P99 each for 10ml of product.



✨This is the most affordable option out of these four dupes. If you're not fussy about scents or if you don't mind reapplying then this is a good option - something that's perfect for everyday wear.


_____________________________________________________________________________________



Crayons Lip & Cheek Paint in Haze



Haze is a color fuchsia blush that gives a very natural, rosy flush when blended into the cheeks.

- The name and shade is similar to the Glossier Cloud Paint in Haze. Again, this is just based on 

  comparing with online swatches.

- It has a creamy texture, this is also quite similar to the Glossier Cloud Paint but a tad bit thicker.

- There's a slight tugging when you're blending it in because of that thicker texture.

- Even though it's really pigmented and the shade is quite striking, it's as if you can never go overboard 

  with this because it blends and sinks in really nicely (similar to Glossier, again).

- This can be used for the lips as well but I don't really do so because it can feel quite heavy just before it 

  sets.

- This has a matte finish.

- It doesn't have any distinct scent.

- Packaging is really pretty! I like that the color and shade name is printed on its tube.

- This lasts around 3 to 4 hours on me.

- There are 3 shades - Beam: peachy nude, Bubblegum: bubblegum pink & Haze: fuchsia

- These Crayons Lip and Cheek Paint are priced at P120 each for 8ml of product.



✨This is what you should try if you're looking for a really good dupe for the Glossier Cloud Paint. I love how it blends very nicely into the skin to give a very natural flush despite having a bright, pigmented shade. ✨




Here are the swatches of these blush paints! 😊


EB Advance (Chiffon) | Crayons (Haze) | Vice Cosmetics (Everyday Nude) | 

Pretty Secret (Warm Blush) | Glossier (Puff)






Any of these is a good option - it would just solely depend on your personal preference. But, if I have to choose I think the closest one in terms of formula would have to be the Crayons Lip and Cheek Paint and the Pretty Secret Lip and Cheek Soft Glow Tint


Out of these four dupes though, I find that the one I usually reach for is the Vice Cosmetics Cheeky Blush just because I really enjoy its texture, it's very easy to use, and I prefer neutral shades like this at the moment.


Have you tried any of these? What's your favorite local dupe for the Glossier Cloud Paints? 😁


You Might Also Like

0 comments