Squad Cosmetics: Multi-Purpose Mousse Cream in Gleeful & Happy Pot in Muse

4:00 PM

I was caught up in a couple of things lately which is why I haven't really posted much. But today, I'll finally be sharing a quick review of these two goodies from Squad Cosmetics. I heard good things about their Multi-Purpose Mousse Creams and as well as their newly-released Happy Pots. I only bought one from each (even though I wanted to swatch them all haha) because I just wanted to see first if these are something I'd really like. Although to be fair, these are so affordable you can hoard them if you want to hehe! I've tested these products on my cheeks and lips only. Scroll down to read the review! 😉



_____________________________________________________________________________________



MULTI-PURPOSE CREAM IN GLEEFUL


According to Squad Cosmetics, the "Multi-purpose Mousse Cream is a lightweight, multi-use product with velvety-soft finish that feels natural on the lips. With just a dot, the product is so pigmented and blendable."







On the Cheeks

This Multi-Purpose Mousse Cream in Gleeful is a nude brown shade that you can use for the eyelids, cheeks and lips. I've included a swatch at the end of this post so you can see what it looks like. It seems a bit dark on the swatch, especially on a white background, but it isn't really that intimidating. It's not too light either but it is definitely darker than their lightest shade which is Blithe. It's actually a good MLBB shade that is perfect for everyday wear. I think Gleeful would complement more skin tones too!


This product is very easy to apply because it's really creamy. You get ample time to blend and build it up before it completely dries on your cheeks. I like this shade because it makes you look fresh and put together at the same time. I used this on its own, without any BB cream or foundation underneath, and this lasted for about 3 to 4 hours.



On the Lips

This feels so comfortable on the lips although I still suggest that you moisturize them well to prevent dry patches from peeping through. At first application, it feels like it's just sitting on top of your lips which, I think, is because of its mousse-type formula. But it's not really that bothersome and the feeling goes away as soon as it completely dries to a velvety matte finish. More on the plus side, it's not sticky at all once it dries!


This mousse cream is really creamy and pigmented! Its applicator is so soft, with a pointed end that makes for an easier application. I also love using this because it smells so good!! I'm not really fussy with scents although I appreciate unscented makeup products. But this one smells like chocolate, toffee and caramel all in one bottle haha! The scent actually reminds me of the Marc Jacobs Lip Gloss which I reviewed way back here


This shade is actually something you can wear for an everyday, natural look. It appears dark in the swatch below but it's actually a very wearable brown shade on the lips. You can use this full on or for a gradient lip look. This lasted only about 2 hours on my lips, with drinking but no eating, before I noticed slight fading on the inner portion of my upper lips. It’s actually not that noticeable so you can get away with it through reapplication.



_____________________________________________________________________________________



HAPPY POT IN MUSE


The Squad Cosmetics Happy Pots are described as, "Multi-use product, pigmented with powder finish lightweight formula for a natural looking blush, fine looking lips and fun color on your lids."






On the Cheeks

Muse looks more pink and mauvey based on official swatches but I found that it is more of a rosy brown shade when I swatch it on my arm or even on a white background. On the cheeks, it actually gives a very pretty rosy flush as if you've just finished your workout routine! This is perfect for everyday wear or when you're going for a natural makeup lookI find that this has an artificial chocolate scent to it but it's not that bothersome as it doesn't really linger. This lasted about 4 hours on me without any foundation or BB cream underneath. 



On the Lips

Muse looks a bit nude when applied on the lips. This actually reminds me of one of my favorite Wet n Wild lipsticks in the shade Bare it All. But after a while, I find that this oxidizes into a rosy nude shade on me. It is also very creamy and comfortable but I still make sure that I prep and moisturize my lips well before using thisIt doesn't feel heavy on the lips and is very easy to apply although I find the Mousse Cream much more hygienic especially when you're on-the-go. This has a creamy matte finish so I wasn't really expecting much in terms of longevity. This lasted about 2 hours on my lips with drinking and no eating. 



_____________________________________________________________________________________



Multi-Purpose Mousse Cream in Gleeful (Left) and Happy Pot in Muse (Right).


I haven't tried any of these on my eyelids yet so I can't say anything about that. I find that I reach for Gleeful more just because it smells so good and it's easier to put. If I'd have choose between the two, I prefer Gleeful much more on the lips. For the cheeks, I prefer both but enjoy Muse much more just because it gives that gorgeous rosy flush.


Overall, these two products are worth a try especially when you're on the lookout for something that's very affordable! I love that local brands are stepping up their game and are coming up with really good quality products that wouldn't break the bank


Have you tried any products from Squad Cosmetics too? What are your favorite ones? 😊





Squad Cosmetics Multi-Purpose Mousse Cream in Gleeful (5ml): P149

Squad Cosmetics Happy Pot in Muse (3g): P99


I bought these products from the Squad Cosmetics Shopee Store HERE!




You Might Also Like

0 comments