March 2016 Favorites

2:00 PM

It's already halfway through April but I'm just posting my March Favorites now hehe! I wasn't able to post this right away because I was busy preparing for our Japan trip which was on the last week of March. We were there until the first week of April so I wasn't able to keep up. But, better late than never! So, here are my favorite products for the month of March!


I bought the L.A. Girl PRO BB Cream about a month or so ago since there were a lot of good reviews about it. I was matched to the shade Light/Medium because the sales attendant told me that this product oxidizes on the skin. You can purchase this BB cream from any of the L.A. Girl stalls here in Manila for P349

At first I wasn't that impressed because I felt like it didn't have much coverage even when it says PRO or HD on it. But after trying this out for a couple more days, I was actually hooked haha! Although the coverage isn't medium to heavy, it can still cover light blemishes well enough. What I love about this product is that it feels very lightweight on the skin and it's actually quite moisturizing. I didn't see any dry patches peeping through whenever I use this BB cream. I also find that it somewhat primes and hides the visible pores on my face mehehe! That's why I totally agree with what it says on its packaging which is "primes, moisturizes and enhances skin." 


A couple of weeks ago my cousin gave me her Sleek Face Contour Kit in the shade Medium 885. This contour kit comes with both a bronzer and a highlighter, which is actually very convenient. I'm not really a fan of bronzers so I'm a noob when it comes to contouring. But I got curious so I watched videos before trying this. What I usually do is I just lightly dust this on specific areas on my face because I don't want a heavily contoured look.

The bronzer looks a bit intimidating but it actually isn't as dark as it is in the pan. Both the bronzer and highlighter blend very well on the skin and you only need a little amount of product since these are quite pigmented. I like the fact that the packaging is literally very sleek (haha) and that it doesn't take too much space in my makeup bag. 

If you're looking for a new contour kit then this is a good option as it's also very affordable. I think this is around P495 when I checked one of the Sleek Counters here.


For lip products, I enjoyed using the Shiseido Lipgloss (RD 501), which was also given by my cousin, and the Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 06 Barely There

The Shiseido Lipgloss, which I reviewed here, is a very intense, true red gloss. It is also very easy to apply despite the fact that it is very pigmented! I like that it feels very smooth and lightweight on the lips too. This lasts pretty well and leaves a stain as it fades.

The Essence Lipstick has been my go-to lipstick for the month of March because it's a really nice MLBB shade that is perfect for lazy days. This is also very comfortable as it feels like you're just wearing a lip balm on your lips.


Next up is this MAC Browset in the shade Beguile which I reviewed here. I can finally use this to death now since I recently got my hair colored to a medium brown shade again, so it's a perfect match!


The last product included in my March Favorites is this cream blush stick from Clinique. This Clinique Chubby Stick Cheek Colour Balm in the shade 03 roly poly rosy (what a cute name!!) was also given to me by my cousin since it didn't work for her oily skin. But since I don't get oily cheeks, this worked perfectly for me. I love how this cream blush gives a subtle, rosy flush to your cheeks. It's very easy to use, is perfect for everyday wear and lasts a decent amount of time too!


And, that's it for my March Favorites! I hope you find something interesting to try from these products too and let me know what you think! 😊

You Might Also Like

0 comments